Ground beef Ramen is an easy dinner that the whole family will love. Filled with beef, vegetables and cooked Ramen noodles.
I admit, we do have packages of Ramen noodles in our pantry. It’s one of those things that brings me back to college days when we didn’t have much time to cook or much money to spend on food.
Now, my kids enjoy having it from time to time and I like using the noodles for other recipes like this salad.
Why this works
- Something a little different to make with ground beef.
- Can be made in under 30 minutes and makes great leftovers.
What you need
Ground Beef – I use lean but you could use ground chicken or turkey.
Vegetables – Broccoli and bell peppers are used in this recipe but feel free to add more like mushrooms, carrots, asparagus or edamame.
Ramen Noodles – Flavor doesn’t matter because you won’t be using the seasoning pack.
Soy Sauce – The base for the sauce recipe. Feel free to use low-sodium or even beef broth.
Brown Sugar, Garlic and Vinegar – Ingredients needed for the sauce. Use your favorite vinegar or whatever you have on hand like rice, apple cider or white vinegar.
How to make
Scroll down for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Cook beef: Cook and brown meat in a large skillet over medium heat. Once cooked, drain excess grease, leaving a little in the pan to cook vegetables. Set aside.
- Cook noodles: Boil noodles according to package directions.
- Sauce: In a small bowl mix together soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic and sesame oil.
- Vegetables: In the same skillet, saute vegetables until they are crisp tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Finish: Add meat and noodles in the skillet with vegetables. Pour over sauce and stir to coat. Garnish with green onions.
- If you like your food a little saucier, double the sauce recipe. (Find measurement conversions HERE to help with doubling.)
- Want to add some heat? Top with 1-2 teaspoons of Sriracha sauce.
- Try adding a little bit of olive oil to the noodles to help prevent sticking together.
There are lots of ways to customize this dish. Here are a few ideas:
- Use chicken, pork, shrimp or turkey for your protein.
- Add extra veggies or tofu to make it vegetarian.
- Try adding diced pineapple for a little extra sweetness.
How to store
Store this meal in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in a skillet over medium heat of in the microwave.
More quick and easy ground beef recipes
- Sour Cream Beef and Noodle Bake is one of our favorite family meals.
- Ground Beef Pasta Casserole is a great comfort food and makes delicious leftovers.
- Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole is always a huge hit for dinner.
- Asian Beef and Rice Casserole has wonderful flavor profile and topped with crunchy noodles.
***If you make this recipe please feel free to leave a comment and star rating.
Ground Beef Ramen
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 head broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 packs ramen noodles any flavor, discard seasoning pack
- 2 green onion, diced for garnish
- Cook and brown meat in large skillet over medium heat. Once cooked through, drain off excess grease and set meat aside.
- While beef is cooking, cook ramen noodles according to package. Do NOT add spice packet. Drain noodles and set aside.
- In same skillet, saute broccoli and pepper for 3-4 minutes or until starts to soften.
- In small bowl bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic and sesame oil.
- Once vegetables have softened, add beef back in skillet. Mix in cooked noodles and pour in sauce. Stir together to coat with sauce.