Ramen Noodle Taco Salad is a crunchy twist on a classic. Filled with crunchy ramen noodles, coleslaw mix, black beans, cheese, veggies and a flavorful dressing.
Ramen noodle taco salad is a great meatless Monday meal. The crunchy ramen noodles add a great texture to this salad along with an easy homemade dressing full of fiesta flavor.
Even though I am a food blogger, my kids are picky eaters. We have the 3 bite taste rule in the house but they still play it safe when it comes to their meal choices. The one thing that has surprised me is that my 4 year old loves black beans. So I always try to keep a stock of black beans in the pantry.
How to make Ramen Taco Salad
- For this salad, crush up some ramen noodles. You can get rid of the seasoning packs or save them for something else. I usually just place the noodles in a bag and hit them with a rolling pin to break them apart.
- Similar to the crunchy romaine salad, place the noodles in a pan with a little butter and cook them for 5 minutes. This softens them just a bit and adds some flavor.
- Next toss all of your ingredients together in a big bowl. Black beans are the main protein of this salad but you could easily add some diced chicken or ground beef.
- The dressing is made with sour cream, a little milk, salsa and taco seasoning mix. It adds some nice spice to the meal.
Other great add-ins for this salad:
- Black Olives
- Shredded or Chopped Chicken
- Diced Jalapenos
Want more Mexican inspired meals?
Ramen Noodle Taco Salad
- 2 3 oz packages ramen noodle soup discard seasoning packs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 14 oz package coleslaw mix
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Crumble ramen noodles. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add butter and melt. Add crumbled ramen noodles and stir for 4-5 minutes.
- Put coleslaw mix into large bowl. Add ramen noodles, black beans, corn, green onions, tomatoes, cheese and cilantro.
- In a small bow, add sour cream, milk, salsa and taco seasoning. Stir until well combined. If you would like dressing thinner add another tablespoon of milk.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.