Christmas Morning Punch
Nov 16, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Get the festivities started with this Christmas morning punch. A tasty blend of fruit juices and bubbly soda, this punch is sure to become a family tradition. This is a great non-alcoholic drink but you can easily add some vodka, champagne or rum for a fun cocktail.
This is one of our favorite, go-to punch recipes during the holidays, even all year round. It’s delicious mixture of tart cranberry juice, sweet orange juice, flavorful cider and soda bubbles.
We love making a batch Christmas morning to have with some sausage balls while we are opening presents.
How to make the best Christmas morning punch
This Christmas punch is easy to make in a big batch or scale down the recipe for an individual drink.
Cranberry juice – I like using cranberry juice cocktail because it’s a little more sweet. But you can also use 100% cranberry juice which will have a more tart flavor.
Orange juice – Use your favorite brand. I prefer pulp-free but either works well.
Apple Cider – Use cold apple cider or substitute with apple juice or even pineapple juice if you prefer a sweeter drink.
Ginger Ale – Use your brand or substitute with a lemon lime soda like Sprite.
- Make sure all of the juices and soda are cold before combining. Start by adding cranberries and orange slices to pitcher. If you are serving right away, you can also add ice to the pitcher.
- Pour in cranberry juice, apple cider and orange juice.
- When ready to serve, pour in ginger ale and gently stir to combine.
- Christmas morning punch with alcohol. Make this into a tasty cocktail by adding vodka, rum or champagne. Try leaving a bottle beside the punch bowl so people can add alcohol or not.
- Christmas punch with sherbet. Add a scoop of orange sherbet to a glass and top with punch.
- Pomegranate punch. Substitute cranberry juice with pomegranate juice.
- If you are serving this at a party and the punch will be sitting out, don’t add ice because it will water down the punch. Try freezing whole cranberries and orange slices and adding those in to keep everything chilled.
- If you would like to make this ahead of time, mix together juices in a pitcher and store in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, add the ginger ale. This helps to keep the carbonation fresh and bubbly.
What to serve with Christmas morning punch
This punch recipe can be served morning, noon and night. It’s a family favorite that can even be served all year round.
Have a wonderful holiday season and enjoy!
More easy drink recipes
- Hot chocolate – Make delicious, creamy hot chocolate with the homemade mix.
- Strawberry mimosa – Mixture of frozen strawberry puree and champagne.
- Blushing mimosa – Delicious twist on a mimosa.
- Sparkling cranberry lime mocktail – Great for all ages! Cranberry simple syrup with lime sparkling water.
- Cinnamon roll latte – Hot latte with the flavors of a cinnamon roll.
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments. I love hearing from you!
Check out the video below to see how easy it is to make this punch.
Christmas Morning Punch
- 1 cup ginger ale or Sprite
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup apple cider
- fresh cranberries and orange slices for garnish optional
- Add ice to pitcher. Pour in cranberries and sliced oranges if using.
- Pour in cranberry juice, orange juice, and apple cider. Top with ginger ale. Stir and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.