Get the festivities started with this Christmas morning punch. A tasty blend of fruit juices and bubbly soda, this punch is sure to become a family tradition. This is a great non-alcoholic drink but you can easily add some vodka, champagne or rum for a fun cocktail.
This is one of our favorite, go-to punch recipes during the holidays, even all year round. It’s delicious mixture of tart cranberry juice, sweet orange juice, flavorful cider and soda bubbles.
We love making a batch Christmas morning to have with some sausage balls while we are opening presents.
How to make the best Christmas morning punch
This Christmas punch is easy to make in a big batch or scale down the recipe for an individual drink.
Cranberry juice – I like using cranberry juice cocktail because it’s a little more sweet. But you can also use 100% cranberry juice which will have a more tart flavor.
Orange juice – Use your favorite brand. I prefer pulp-free but either works well.
Apple Cider – Use cold apple cider or substitute with apple juice or even pineapple juice if you prefer a sweeter drink.
Ginger Ale – Use your brand or substitute with a lemon lime soda like Sprite.
- Make sure all of the juices and soda are cold before combining. Start by adding cranberries and orange slices to pitcher. If you are serving right away, you can also add ice to the pitcher.
- Pour in cranberry juice, apple cider and orange juice.
- When ready to serve, pour in ginger ale and gently stir to combine.
- Christmas morning punch with alcohol. Make this into a tasty cocktail by adding vodka, rum or champagne. Try leaving a bottle beside the punch bowl so people can add alcohol or not.
- Christmas punch with sherbet. Add a scoop of orange sherbet to a glass and top with punch.
- Pomegranate punch. Substitute cranberry juice with pomegranate juice.
- If you are serving this at a party and the punch will be sitting out, don’t add ice because it will water down the punch. Try freezing whole cranberries and orange slices and adding those in to keep everything chilled.
- If you would like to make this ahead of time, mix together juices in a pitcher and store in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, add the ginger ale. This helps to keep the carbonation fresh and bubbly.
What to serve with Christmas morning punch
This punch recipe can be served morning, noon and night. It’s a family favorite that can even be served all year round.
Breakfast/Brunch: A few of our favorites are Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls, Eggs Benedict Casserole, Cake Mix Waffles, Farmers Casserole, and Orange Roll Holiday Monkey Bread.
Party Appetizers: Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts, Vegetable Pinwheels, Chipped Beef Dip, Crack Dip, and Knorr Spinach Dip.
Have a wonderful holiday season and enjoy!
More easy drink recipes
- Hot chocolate – Make delicious, creamy hot chocolate with the homemade mix.
- Strawberry mimosa – Mixture of frozen strawberry puree and champagne.
- Blushing mimosa – Delicious twist on a mimosa.
- Sparkling cranberry lime mocktail – Great for all ages! Cranberry simple syrup with lime sparkling water.
- Cinnamon roll latte – Hot latte with the flavors of a cinnamon roll.
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments. I love hearing from you!
Check out the video below to see how easy it is to make this punch.
Christmas Morning Punch
- 1 cup ginger ale or Sprite
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup apple cider
- fresh cranberries and orange slices for garnish optional
- Add ice to pitcher. Pour in cranberries and sliced oranges if using.
- Pour in cranberry juice, orange juice, and apple cider. Top with ginger ale. Stir and serve.
Around here, we have Glühwein once winter comes, it’s tradition to enjoy them out while in the markets, but this year might be different, so we might make this instead…
Yes! Thanks! This is just what I was looking for. Bubby, refreshing drink for Christmas that is easy to make with SIMPLE ingredients! I will make this.
This looks absolutely amazing. I would love to make Christmas morning punch. I bet it’s super delicious. Thanks for sharing!
I would like to wake up on Christmas morning with this punch! Sounds amazing!
This Christmas Morning Punch is perfect! One of the best I tasted so far. I will definitely have this on our gatherings.
It looks very refreshing! We usually drink hot beverages on Christmas, but we might need to try this punch this Christmas!
This is such a festive drink! I think I have to give this recipe a try during the holidays. I’m sure my family would love it.
This looks amazing. I bet it tastes just as good as it looks too. I’m going to try making it for the holidays this year. I think my family will enjoy this.
That looks delicious and definitely something that my family would love.
Having a glass of Christmas morning punch sounds like a good idea. Going to save your recipe.
Jenn @ EngineerMommy
This is such a fun, festive recipe. I would love to try this beverage. It sounds like such a refreshing drink.
Jenn @ EngineerMommy
This is such a fun, festive recipe. I would love to try this christmas punch. Perfect drink idea for Christmas day!
Jenn @ EngineerMommy
This is such a fun, festive recipe. I would love to try this christmas punch. Perfect idea for Christmas day!
It’s a great idea to keep them chill with frozen cranberries or orange slices. Thanks for that.
Thank you for helping me get so organised this year. This Christmas morning punch is definitely going to be a winner here so this is sorted and I’m bookmarking it for reference.
This sounds like a lovely, tasty and refreshing punch to enjoy on Christmas morning.
This looks really a delicious drinks and I am pretty sure my sister would love to have this on her breakfast. I will make this for her, thank you!
I don’t want to think about XMAS Morning because that would. mean. – THE HOLIDAYS ARE BASICALLY OVER – hahaha! And I HATE when they’re over!!
This sounds like a fun idea for a Christmas morning breakfast accompaniment. I think my kids would enjoy this too!
This punch is so festive and perfect for Christmas morning. I think I might make some for New Years Eve as well!
Brandy Ellen Writes
This Christmas morning punch looks really refreshing! I love the idea of having something new to drink. I’ll be trying to make this for the holidays.
This Christmas morning punch sounds so good! I can’t wait to make it this year!
This looks so refreshing, I can’t wait to make this for my family.