Lemon Cake Mix Cookies are like eating a bite of sunshine. Easy to make and delicious! Only a few ingredients are required to make these delicious cookies.
CAKE MIX COOKIES
HOW TO MAKE LEMON CAKE MIX COOKIES
- Mix together cake mix, lemon zest, eggs and oil until combined. (For a little added lemon flavor I will sometimes add a drop of Lemon Essential Oil to the batter.)
- The batter will be really thick but that’s ok!
- Drop the batter onto baking sheet. You can use a spoon or small ice cream scoop to make them the same size. I also use parchment paper or you can spray the pan with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. They are going to look pretty soft and puffy when they come out but once they cool they flatten out and are perfect.
- Let the cookies cool on a wire rack for approximately 5 minutes. They should not be warm when you add the icing.
- While the cookies are cooking mix together icing. Stir together powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice.
- Once the cookies have cooled, drizzle the top with icing.
Cake mix can be used to make all kinds of cookies. You can use the recipe and change up the flavor of cake mix to make anything from chocolate to strawberry. Add icing or roll the dough in powdered sugar before baking for a different twist.
Enjoy! ~ Heather
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
- German Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- Big Soft Ginger Cookies
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, oil, eggs and lemon zest until combined. Batter will be thick.
- Drop tablespoon full of batter on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.
- For icing, mix together powdered sugar, lemon juice and milk. Once cookies cool, drizzle icing on top of cookies.