Six ingredient Strawberry Bars are super simple and crazy good. A simple dessert that would be great for a spring or summer party.
Strawberry cake mix is the secret ingredient in this recipe. It makes whipping up this yummy sweet treat way too simple. There are so many different things you can do with a good cake mix.
You can even make these cookies with just a box of strawberry cake mix and cool whip. Baking from scratch is wonderful but sometimes just having everything you need in one box makes life so much easier.
My sister introduced me to strawberry bars a few years ago. One of her friends had made them and luckily she got the recipe. Last year I decided to make these bars for my girls princess birthday party instead of a typical brownie. They were a huge hit! All of the little ladies just loved the pink color and the strawberry flavor.
I think these bars would also be great for Valentine’s, Easter, and baby showers.
Strawberry Bar Tips
One tip I would recommend is lining the baking pan with parchment paper. This makes it much easier to lift the bars out of the pan in order to glaze and cut.
The batter is more thick than a brownie or cake batter so make sure to press it into the pan and spread it out as evenly as possible. You should also be careful not to overcook the bars, once the edges start feeling firm you will be able to take them out of the oven.
Easy strawberry bars
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- (This makes it easier to lift bars out of pan and cut.)
- Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil with a mixer until combined. About 2 minutes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes but be careful not to overcook.
- After brownies are cooled, hold the sides of the parchment paper and lift out of pan. (I cut the sides off of my bars)
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until combined. Pour glaze over bars and spread to the edges.
- Let the glaze set about 10 minutes and then cut into squares.