Chewy and fudgy, a box of Ghirardelli Brownie Mix makes delicious brownies. If you are looking for a fast way to make some of the best brownies, this Ghirardelli brownie mix recipe is the one for you.
Why you should make these brownies
- Fast: Boxed brownie mix makes baking so easy and fast. The dry ingredients are already measured and packaged up for you, making sure you have the perfect amount of what you need for the ultimate brownie.
- Simple: Just 4 simple ingredients are needed to make this amazing brownie recipe.
- Quality: Ghirardelli makes a delicious brownie mix that uses high quality, premium ingredients that produce amazingly fudgy brownies.
Ghirardelli Brownie Mix Recipe Ingredients
Ghirardelli Brownie Mix – This is the dry mix used to make the brownies. Look for this boxed brownie mix in the baking aisle of the grocery store. Ghirardelli makes several brownie varieties like triple chocolate mix, chocolate supreme, dark chocolate and more. We are using the Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix.
Egg – One egg is all that is needed for this recipe.
Vegetable Oil – Vegetable oil is used as the fat for this recipe. You can substitute with canola oil.
Water – Adds a little moisture to the mix.
How to make Ghirardelli Brownies directions
Step one: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray either an 8×8 or 9×9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. (You can also line with parchment paper.) Place water, egg, and oil to a medium bowl.
Step two: Stir in Ghirardelli mix until combined. Stir just until combined being careful not to over mix.
Step three: Pour brownie batter into prepared pan. Spread out into an even layer.
Step four: Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Tips for the best brownies
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper to help easily remove the brownies from the dish once they have finished baking.
- Don’t over mix the brownie batter. Stir all of the ingredients until just combined. Over mixing can cause them to become hard.
- Make sure not to cook them too long. This can also make the brownies hard and not chewy.
- Pan size makes a difference in the thickness of the brownies. If you prefer thicker brownies, bake them in a smaller pan, like an 8×8-inch. You will probably need to add some additional bake time since they will be thicker.
- Have a large crowd? You can double the recipe, just be sure to bake in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
How to store brownies
Store: Let the brownies completely cool before storing them in an airtight container. You can leave them at room temperature. If you store them in the refrigerator they could become hard in texture.
Freeze: You can freeze brownies by placing them in a freezer safe bag or container. They will last 3 months in the freezer. Let them sit at room temperature to thaw.
Ghirardelli Brownie Mix Add-Ins
Feel free to mix in other ingredients to bring your brownies to the next level. A few of our favorite mix-ins include:
Candy – Try mixing in 1/2 cup of mini M&M candies or toffee bits.
Nuts – Add a little crunch with different types of chopped nuts like chopped pecans or walnuts.
Chocolate chips – Semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips all are delicious when added to the batter of these brownies.
Extract: Try adding 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for extra warm flavor or even 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract.
Brownie Mix FAQ’s
All of the mixes are delicious but the Dark Chocolate and Double Chocolate seem to be the most popular.
Yes, you can substitute milk for a richer flavor.
Yes, you can use butter. Use the same amount of butter that you would for oil.
How to serve brownies
Brownies are obviously delicious by themselves. We also love serving them warm in a bowl with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup for an out of this world brownie sundae.
You can also try topping with whipped cream or a chocolate buttercream frosting for even more rich chocolate flavor.
More brownie mix recipes
Ghirardelli Brownie Mix
- 1 box Ghirardelli Brownie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. (You can also line the baking pan with parchment paper and spray.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, vegetable oil, and water. Stir in brownie mix until combined.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan. Spread the batter out to fill the pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before cutting.
Leave a Reply