Cheese Pie – A great side dish or even breakfast. Made with eggs, cheese and onion.
This is a recipe straight from my mom’s recipe box that she passed down to me. Cheese pie is a versatile dish that can be used as a side, lunch or breakfast. It is a simple version of a breakfast casserole.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make when we have visitors. It is quick to assemble and everyone loves the simple flavors. You can customize this pie and add more veggies like diced peppers or mushrooms. This would also be delicious topped with some crumbled, cooked bacon for some extra protein.
How to make cheese pie:
- This recipe is super simple. Start by heating oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into pie plate and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- You want to be sure the top of the pie is golden and a little firm to the touch. If the center of the pie is too giggly, bake for a few more minutes.
More egg casseroles:
- 3 cups cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tabelspoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9-inch pie dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs. Add in cheese, flour, onion, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into pie plate. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.