Fried Egg In Air Fryer
Jul 28, 2021, Updated Aug 31, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fried egg in the air fryer can be cooked quick and it’s so simple. Over easy, medium or hard, these fried eggs can be made to your preference. Keep reading to learn this simple cooking method.
Can you air fry eggs?
- Eggs – 1-2 eggs. Try using fresh eggs if possible.
- Butter – Use unsalted butter or you can substitute with cooking spray or oil.
- Salt & Pepper – Add seasoning after the eggs are cooked.
- Pan – To use this cooking method you need a small pan, ramekin, disposable aluminum pan, or even a piece of foil formed into a bowl. I am using a pan from this air fryer accessories kit.
- Air Fryer – I am using a basket style but you can also cook fried eggs in an oven style.
How to cook Eggs in Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer and pan. Place butter in the pan. Put pan in the air fryer basket and preheat at 350 degrees for one minute. This allows the butter to melt. ***If you are using non-stick cooking spray instead, preheat the pan and then spray the pan before adding the eggs.
- Add the cracked eggs into the pan and then cook at 320 degrees. The length of time will depend how done you like your eggs. 4-5 minutes typically works for a runny center, 6-7 minutes for firm center.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
How long to cook Eggs in the Air Fryer
Cooking time will vary depending on your air fryer model and how you like your egg yolk. These times are what I have found work with my machine but you may need to experiment to find your perfect time. You will also want cook it at a low temperature like 320 degrees F.
Over Easy Egg – This means the yolk is slightly runny, sometimes referred to as sunny side up. Check yolk after 4 minutes of cook time.
Over Medium Eggs – The yolk is getting close to firm but still a slightly runny. Check at 5 minutes of cook time.
Over Hard Egg – The yolk is firm. This can take between 6-7 minutes.
- Crack eggs into bowl first before adding to skillet. This makes it easier to pour them into the hot pan.
- I would recommend cooking only 1-2 eggs at a time.
- These can be made with butter, olive oil or simple non-stick cooking spray.
- ***Cook time will vary for this recipe depending on how you like your egg yolk, over-easy, over-medium, or over-hard.
Ways to eat Air Fried Eggs
Eggs are something that can be eaten all day long. They are a great source of protein and so delicious. You can serve these eggs with a simple side dish like pancakes or baked oatmeal for a delicious brunch or try these other suggestions for serving:
- Try serving them on toast, or even avocado toast.
- Place them on top of a hamburger or sandwich.
- They are delicious on a bowl of pasta or hash browns.
- Add to a breakfast burrito with rice, sour cream and salsa.
How to store
These eggs are meant to be eaten immediately but if you need to make them in advance or have leftovers, you can let the eggs cool and store them in a container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Reheat them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or back in the air fryer for less than a minute.
Yes, it’s best to preheat the air fryer and your pan before cooking the eggs.
Yes, you can hard boil eggs in the shell in the air fryer.
They are delicious and do taste like skillet made eggs.
More air fryer breakfast recipes
Hungry for more breakfast? Check out this list of 30 air fryer breakfast recipes.
- Air fryer hash browns
- Air fryer frozen waffles
- Air fryer frozen sausage patties
- Air fryer apple chips
- Air fryer cinnamon toast
More Recipes You Will Love
Interested in more air fryer recipes? Join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Facebook Group. Also feel free to leave a comment below.
Eggs in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place small, aluminum pan in air fryer basket. Add the butter and cook at 350 degrees for 1 minute. If you are using non-stick cooking spray instead of butter, preheat the pan and then spray.
- Pour in cracked eggs into the heated, buttered pan.
- Cook at 320 degrees in the air fryer for about 4-5 minutes for runny center or 6-7 minutes for a firmer yolk.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.