Not able to make it to Las Vegas anytime soon? You can bring the nightlife to your house with this Vegas Bomb recipe. This is a version of a Royal Flush drink with a splash of energy. You don’t have to be a high roller for this party drink that’s easy to make and great for a celebratory gathering.
The Vegas Bomb is a shot that is popular in bars, especially on the Las Vegas strip. It’s a combination of liquors poured in a shot glass that is dropped into a glass of energy drink like Red Bull.
This fun drink gets it’s name from Las Vegas casino’s poker game terminology “crown royal flush”. The energy drink helps keep the party going and the high rollers playing all night.
There are just a few ingredients needed for this bomb shot drink recipe, 3 spirits, energy drink and juice.
Crown Royal Whiskey – A blended Canadian whisky. You can also use whatever whisky have on hand.
Peach Schnapps Liqueur – Some people like to substitute Butterscotch, Apple or Cherry Schnapps, but I find the peach flavor goes well with the coconut rum.
Malibu Rum – Coconut flavored rum.
Cranberry Juice – Just a splash for color. If you don’t have cranberry juice, it’s ok to omit.
Energy Drink – I like to use Red Bull energy drink but you can use your favorite.
How to make this Vegas bomb shot recipe
- Pour Malibu rum, Peach Schnapps, Crown Royal and cranberry juice into a shot glass.
- Pour a glass of Red Bull in larger glass, like a pint glass. I recommend filling it about a 1/3 of the way up.
- Gently drop the filled shot glass in the energy drink and serve. Try not to drop the shot glass from high above the pint glass or you might have a big splash.
How to drink
Drinking a Vegas Bomb requires you to drop a shot glass into a larger glass like a “bomb” and then drinking all at once. This is a fun party drink that isn’t meant for sipping.
Once you filled the shot glass with liquor, drop it in the pint glass half way filled with Red Bull and drink. You drink it while the shot glass is still in the large glass so be careful not to let the shot glass slide and knock into your teeth.
Make sure the energy drink is chilled before preparing. It definitely tastes better cold.
To avoid major splashing, be sure to fill the pint glass only about a 1/3 of the way up. If you put too much energy drink in the glass, it will end up all over your counter after you drop in the shot glass.
If you don’t want to do the “bomb” part of the drink, you can combine everything in the glass together and drink it without the shot glass. It’s a little cleaner, but not as fun.
You can substitute the Crown Royal with your favorite whiskey.
One 8.4 ounce can of Red Bull is enough to make two Vegas Bomb shots.
Leave out the energy drink to make a Royal Flush shot.
Try adding a splash of Malibu coconut rum for extra fruity flavor.
More cocktail recipes
- Malibu Sunset – A mix of Malibu, pineapple juice and grenadine.
- Salted Caramel Martini – Creamy cocktail with caramel sauce.
- Vodka Cranberry – An easy, classic drink.
- Vodka Soda – Another easy cocktail.
- Midori Sour – A fun, colorful cocktail made with Midori.
- Bay Breeze – Made with coconut rum, cranberry juice and pineapple juice.
This drink is meant for people 21 years of age or older.
Vegas Bomb Recipe
- 1/4 oz. Crown Royal whisky
- 1/4 oz. Peach Schnapps (Can substitute with Butterscotch Schnapps.)
- 1/4 oz. Malibu rum
- 1/4 oz. cranberry juice
- 5 oz, energy drink I use Red Bull. Feel free to add more if you like.
- Pour Crown Royal, Butterscotch Schnapps and Malibu rum in shot glass.
- Fill pint glass about 1/2 way up with energy drink.
- Drop shot glass in to pint glass and drink.