Royal Flush Drink
Mar 24, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This royal flush drink is a delicious, whiskey based cocktail. Bring a touch of Las Vegas home with this easy to make beverage that’s great for a night with friends and family.
Need a fun, tasty drink to serve at a party or poker night? This royal flush drink fits the bill and it’s so easy to make. You can also use these same ingredients to make a Vegas Bomb shot to add to your cocktail list.
This drink is similar to the original Crown Royal recipe. You could change it up by adding either a splash of raspberry liqueur like Chambord or a splash of Malibu rum for a little tropical flavor. That’s the great thing about being your own bartender, you can make what you want.
Crown Royal – Crown Royal is a rich Canadian whiskey that has hints of fruit and vanilla. This is the original whiskey used for this drink but you can substitute with your favorite.
Peach Schnapps – A peach liqueur that adds fruity flavor.
Cranberry Juice – Use your favorite cranberry juice.
Ice – I find this drink is best shaken, not stirred. Shaking it makes it nice, cold and refreshing. If you don’t have a shaker you can just give it a good stir and pour over ice.
Optional garnish: There are a few ways to garnish this whiskey cocktail. We like adding maraschino cherries. They add a little extra sweetness and pop of color.
You could also add orange peel or an orange slice or even some fresh peaches during the summer. ***Tip: Use frozen peach slices in the drink to act like ice cubes.
How to make
This drink is simple to assemble. Feel free to watch the video below for a step-by-step visual.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour in Crown Royal, peach schnapps and cranberry juice. (If you are adding rum or Chambord, pour it in now.)
- Place the lid on shaker and shake for 20-30 seconds.
- Fill a highball glass with ice and pour drink.
- Add garnish if you like and serve.
Can this be made in a pitcher?
The recipe below is for one cocktail. If you want to make it for a party you could premix the whiskey, schnapps and juice in a pitcher and cool in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Simply increase the quantity of each ingredient by the number of drinks you will be making.
- You can easily adjust the ingredient amount to suit your needs. If you like your drink a little stronger, add an extra 1/2 ounce of whiskey. If you like it weaker, use about an ounce of whiskey or add extra cranberry juice.
- Use lots of ice when shaking. I like filling the shaker up completely with ice.
- Try frozen cranberries or frozen peach slices for a fun garnish that will keep your drink cool.
- Use large ice cubes to help prevent the ice from melting quickly and watering down the drink.
More easy cocktail recipes
Royal Flush Drink
- 1 1/2 ounces Crown Royal Whiskey
- 1 ounce Peach Schnapps
- 1 1/2 ounce Cranberry Juice
- 2 maraschino cherries
- orange peel
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in Crown Royal, Peach Schnapps and cranberry juice.
- Place the lid on the shaker and shake for 20-30 seconds. Remove lid and pour in a glass over ice.
- Optional, garnish with cherries or orange peel.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.