Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins are a great breakfast or snack. Bite sized muffins that taste just like a chocolate chip cookie. One of our family favorites!
I love anything that involves chocolate chips like this chocolate chip bundt cake or these German chocolate chip cookies. So naturally these mini chocolate chip muffins have a special place in my heart…and stomach.
I tend to gravitate towards making mini muffins because they are so easy to pop in your mouth. I feel like if I have 2 or 3 minis it isn’t as bad as 2 or 3 regular sized muffins.
Why this recipe works
- Bite size muffin great for on-the-go breakfast or afternoon snack.
- Kid and adult friendly. Everyone loves these!
How to make mini chocolate chip muffins
- Mix: Start by mixing together softened butter and sugar until it becomes nice and creamy. I use a hand mixer to combine the ingredients. *** You can replace the butter with the same amount of shortening if you prefer.
- Add in egg, milk and vanilla.
- Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Using a spatula, stir in mini chocolate chips. You could use regular chocolate chips, just use fewer.
- Bake: Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the mixture into prepared mini muffin tin and bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes. My oven is closer to 12-15 but I recommend checking them at the 10 minute time. You can insert a toothpick to see if it comes out clean or lightly touch the top of the chocolate chip muffins to see if they are done.
How to store
Store: Let these completely cool and store in an airtight container for a week.
Freeze: Let completely cool. Place muffins in airtight, freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator and then microwave for about 30 seconds to heat.
More delicious breakfast recipes
- Orange pull-apart bread – Made with canned biscuits, sugar and orange zest.
- Lemon pull-apart bread – Lemon zest and a delicious frosting make this one yummy bread.
- Banana Bread Muffins – Banana bread in muffin form.
- Cinnamon Twists – Use puff pastry dough to make these tasty twists.
- Zucchini Bread – A family recipe that is always a crowd please.
- Coffee Cake – One of my favorite cakes.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thanks for being a part of Food Lovin’ Family!
Tools Used in Making Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins:
Wilton Mini Muffin Tin: This is the exact tin I use to make my mini muffins.
Hand Mixer: I use this hand mixer to combine all of the ingredients.
Cooling Rack: Love this all purpose cooling rack.
*** If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a star rating and comment below.
Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix softened butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add in vanilla, milk and eggs.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix until combined but be sure not to over mix.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Add one tablespoon of muffin mixture to each hole in prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until muffin tops are springy to the touch.
The muffins are good but the recipe forgot how many eggs and when to put the milk in also how long to bake them
I can’t believe I forgot the egg! Thanks for letting me know Debbie. The recipe should be fixed. Thanks for visiting!!