Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins Recipe
Apr 23, 2018, Updated Jul 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Mini chocolate chip muffins are a great breakfast or snack. Bite sized muffins that taste like a chocolate chip cookie. A family favorite!
I love anything that involves chocolate chips like this chocolate chip bunt cake, German chocolate chip cookies, and congo bars. So naturally these mini chocolate chip muffins have a special place in my heart and stomach.
Mini muffins are great because they are easy to pop in your mouth for a snack and kids love them.
This is the perfect recipe for Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- This is a simple recipe with just a few basic ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- Bite size muffins are great for on-the-go breakfast or a perfect snack.
- Kid and adult friendly, everyone love these!
Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins Recipe Ingredients
- Sugar – Granulated white sugar
- Butter – Unsalted butter, softened
- Milk – Use your favorite milk, like 2% or whole milk.
- Egg – 1 large egg.
- Vanilla extract – This adds a little sweetness to the muffins.
- Flour – All-purpose flour is used.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Mini chocolate chips – Mini chocolate chips are perfect for these muffins but you can use regular semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips.
How to make Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- Mix: Start by mixing together softened butter and sugar until it becomes creamy. I used a hand mixer to combine the ingredients. (You can replace the butter with equal amount of shortening if you prefer.)
- Add in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Dry ingredients: In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Using a spatula, stir in the mini chocolate chips. You could substitute with regular size chocolate chips.
- Bake: Scoop 1 tablespoon of the muffin mixture into prepared mini muffin pan and bake at 375 degrees F for about 12 minutes. I recommend checking the muffins at the 10 minute mark. They will be done with a toothpick comes out clean.
How to store Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Store: Let the muffins completely cool and store in an airtight container for a week.
Freeze: Let them cool and then place muffins in an airtight, freezer safe container or bag for up to 3 months. Let them thaw in the refrigerator and then microwave for about 30 seconds to warm.
Let me know if you make this mini muffin recipe in the comments.
More delicious breakfast recipes
- Orange pull-apart bread – Made with canned biscuits, sugar and orange zest.
- Lemon pull-apart bread – Lemon zest and a delicious frosting make this one yummy bread.
- Banana Bread Muffins – Banana bread in muffin form.
- Cinnamon Twists – Use puff pastry dough to make these tasty twists.
- Zucchini Bread – A family recipe that is always a crowd please.
- Coffee Cake – One of my favorite cakes.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thanks for being a part of Food Lovin’ Family!
Tools Used in Making Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins:
Wilton Mini Muffin Tin: This is the exact tin I use to make my mini muffins.
Hand Mixer: I use this hand mixer to combine all of the ingredients.
Cooling Rack: Love this all purpose cooling rack.
*** If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a star rating and comment below.
Mini Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix softened butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add in vanilla, milk and eggs.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix until combined but be sure not to over mix.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Add one tablespoon of muffin mixture to each hole in prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until muffin tops are springy to the touch.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.