Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins are a great breakfast or snack. Bite sized muffins that taste just like a chocolate chip cookie. One of our family favorites!
I love anything that involves chocolate chips like this chocolate chip bundt cake or these German chocolate chip cookies. So naturally these mini chocolate chip muffins have a special place in my heart…and stomach.
I tend to gravitate towards making mini muffins because they are so easy to pop in your mouth. I feel like if I have 2 or 3 minis it isn’t as bad as 2 or 3 regular sized muffins.
Why this recipe works
- Bite size muffin great for on-the-go breakfast or afternoon snack.
- Kid and adult friendly. Everyone loves these!
How to make mini chocolate chip muffins
- Mix: Start by mixing together softened butter and sugar until it becomes nice and creamy. I use a hand mixer to combine the ingredients. *** You can replace the butter with the same amount of shortening if you prefer.
- Add in egg, milk and vanilla.
- Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Using a spatula, stir in mini chocolate chips. You could use regular chocolate chips, just use fewer.
- Bake: Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the mixture into prepared mini muffin tin and bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes. My oven is closer to 12-15 but I recommend checking them at the 10 minute time. You can insert a toothpick to see if it comes out clean or lightly touch the top of the chocolate chip muffins to see if they are done.
How to store
Store: Let these completely cool and store in an airtight container for a week.
Freeze: Let completely cool. Place muffins in airtight, freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator and then microwave for about 30 seconds to heat.
More delicious breakfast recipes
- Orange pull-apart bread – Made with canned biscuits, sugar and orange zest.
- Lemon pull-apart bread – Lemon zest and a delicious frosting make this one yummy bread.
- Banana Bread Muffins – Banana bread in muffin form.
- Cinnamon Twists – Use puff pastry dough to make these tasty twists.
- Zucchini Bread – A family recipe that is always a crowd please.
- Coffee Cake – One of my favorite cakes.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thanks for being a part of Food Lovin’ Family!
Tools Used in Making Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins:
Wilton Mini Muffin Tin: This is the exact tin I use to make my mini muffins.
Hand Mixer: I use this hand mixer to combine all of the ingredients.
Cooling Rack: Love this all purpose cooling rack.
*** If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a star rating and comment below.
Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix softened butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add in vanilla, milk and eggs.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix until combined but be sure not to over mix.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Add one tablespoon of muffin mixture to each hole in prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until muffin tops are springy to the touch.