Cinnamon Twists – Only four ingredients to make these light and flaky cinnamon sugar twists. Serve with a side of frosting for a delicious treat.
Cinnamon twists with puff pastry are easy to make, maybe too easy. You guys, these things are amazing!! All the flavor of a cinnamon roll twisted up into a buttery, flaky twist in under 15 minutes.
Using store bought puff pastry sheets makes these twists a cinch to put together. My kids love helping me spread on the cinnamon sugar mixture and twisting them up.
Ingredients needed for puff pastry cinnamon twists
Puff pastry – Can be found in the freezer section of the grocery store.
Butter – Use unsalted, sweet cream butter.
Sugar – Granulated sugar
Cinnamon – This will be used to dust the puff pastry.
Powdered sugar – For the icing.
Milk and vanilla extract – Also used to make the icing.
How to make cinnamon twists:
- Thaw a sheet of puff pastry dough.
- Brush each side of the dough with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Make sure to lightly press the sugar mixture into the dough to make sure it sticks.
- Cut dough into 1-inch strips. Hint- Use a pizza cutter.
- Twist each strip and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until they have puffed up.
- Drizzle with frosting made up of powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. I personally like to use the frosting as a dip.
How to store
Store: Store leftover cinnamon twists in an airtight container. They are safe to leave at room temperature for 2-3 days.
Freeze: Let completely cool and then place on a baking pan in the freezer. Let the twists freeze and then place in freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
For a quick snack, dessert or breakfast these cinnamon twists are a home run. I HIGHLY recommend doubling this recipe because they will be eaten quickly. They are seriously addicting!
More delicious breakfast recipes
- Coffee Cake – One of my all time favorite cakes. Eat for breakfast or dessert.
- Sausage, Egg, Cheese Monkey Bread – Great for a brunch. Pieces of biscuit with sausage, egg and cheese.
- Blueberry Buckle – Another delicious breakfast and dessert cake.
- Cake mix waffles – Easy to make waffles using a cake mix.
** If you make this recipe be sure to give it a star rating below.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar.
- Brush one side of puff pastry with melted butter. Sprinkle all over with sugar mixture. Press the sugar into the puff pastry so it will stick. Flip over and repeat with the other side.
- Cut into 1-inch strips. I use a pizza cutter to make it easy.
- Twist each strip and lay on prepared baking sheet. Make sure to leave 1-2 inch space in between each strip.
- Bake 12-15 minutes and then let cool.
- For frosting, mix together powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until combined.
- Drizzle frosting over twists or use to dip.