Italian Wedding Soup Dinner has all of the delicious flavors of Italian Wedding Soup in a pasta dish. Filled with easy homemade chicken meatballs, pasta and veggies, this is sure to become a family favorite.
Does anyone out there remember the chicken and egg noodle dinner that came in a box? Growing up, it was one of the first things I learned to make all by myself. If my mom was running late at work, she would have me start making dinner. I know, I know it was from a box, but it was good!
I came across this Italian wedding soup dinner recipe in a Taste of Home magazine several years ago and gave it a try. Turns out it had a similar taste and consistency to the egg noodle dinner. I changed it up a little bit and now it has become a family favorite meal.
My whole family loves this dish and the kids especially love the chicken meatballs. They are still working on the spinach part but all in good time. 🙂 It is more of a casserole consistency, not soupy so don’t let the name fool you. Even though this meal is very filling, you can still feel good that you ate your veggies and plus the chicken meatballs are super lean.
To Make start by assembling the chicken meatballs. Mix together ground chicken, Panko bread crumbs, egg, milk and Italian seasonings. Bake these for 30 minutes or until they have a little brown on top. While the meatballs are baking, boil water to cook small pasta shells. Many different pasta shapes would work but I really enjoy the small shells for this dish. Saute onion, carrot and celery then add chicken broth and cream of chicken soup. Add in baked meatballs, spinach and thyme. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the pasta and top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
More Pasta Dinners
- Italian Sub Pasta Salad
- Supreme Pizza Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Ground Beef Pasta Casserole
Italian Wedding Soup Dinner
- 2 cups small pasta shells, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon Italian dried seasoning
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the meatballs, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add ground chicken, Italian seasoning, Panko, milk, and salt.
- Mix with hands until combined.
- Roll chicken mixture into 1 inch balls and place on pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add onion, carrot, and celery. Cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add cooked meatballs, cream of chicken soup, spinach, broth, and thyme. Cover skillet with a lid and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Drain pasta, stir into skillet. Top with Parmesan and serve.
Leave a Reply