This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.
This Grilled Chicken Bacon Melt is the ultimate meal for a summer BBQ. Grilled chicken topped with bacon strips, jalapenos and creamy, melted Southwest cheese!
Summer is here and it’s time to get outside and have a cookout with friends and family. I have been wanting to share this easy grilled chicken bacon melt for a while now because it is one of our go-to grill-out meals. Great for a BBQ, or summer gathering, everyone always raves about the flavor combination of the chicken, bacon, jalapeno and the creamy melted cheese on top!
I am a frequent shopper at Publix, so much that the checkout people know my name. When I was shopping there last week, I was excited to find Sargento® Blends™ Sliced Cheese that just hit the shelves! There are two types of cheese available at Publix, Sargento Blends 5 Cheese Italian Slices and Sargento Blends 4 Cheese Southwest Slices.
- Sargento Blends 5 Cheese Italian Slices blends Mozzarella with Romano, Parmesan, Fontina and Asiago cheese that results in a delicious creamy cheese.
- Sargento Blends 4 Cheese Southwest Slices is a combination of Monterey Jack with Chipotle Cheddar, Colby and Pepper Jack cheeses.
I ended up getting both because in my opinion you can never have too much cheese, especially for BBQ season. The Southwest slices are perfect for this grilled chicken melt and I will be using the Italian slices on top of a Portobello mushroom burger next week and on these Bento Box sandwiches for a picnic.
How long do you grill chicken breasts?
When I make this grilled chicken I prefer to use chicken cutlets. They are a little thinner and take less time to cook. You could also take a boneless chicken breast and pound it to make thinner.
Chicken cutlets need to be grilled on medium heat approximately 4-5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
How to make Grilled Chicken Bacon Melts:
Before the chicken goes on the grill, I like to season with a little bit of seasoned salt on both sides. You could also use salt and pepper. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on both sides of the chicken to help prevent sticking on the grill.
Once the chicken has finished grilling turn off the heat and place two bacon halves on each piece of chicken. Add a few jalapenos and then top with a piece of the Sargento Blends 4 Cheese Southwest Slices.
Shut the lid for a couple of minutes to allow the cheese to melt over the bacon. Yum!
The creaminess of the Monterey Jack with Chipotle Cheddar, Colby and Pepper Jack cheeses pairs perfectly with the bacon and spicy jalapeno.
You can serve this grilled chicken on a bun or by itself. I like to dip mine in a little ranch dressing on the side. Let me know how you enjoy this recipe! You can save it for later and PIN on your BBQ board.
Be sure to stop by your local Publix and pick up Sargento Blends Sliced Cheese.
From July 1, 2018- July,15 2018 you can use a digital coupon for $0.75 off one Sargento Blends Sliced Cheese and can get the same deal in-store on shelf from July 16, 2018-July 29, 2018 at Publix. Be sure to check it out!
Grilled Chicken Bacon Melt
- 4 chicken breasts (I used chicken cutlets)
- 8 pieces of bacon, cooked and halved
- 4 Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices
- 1 jalapeno cut into thin slices optional
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle seasoned salt on top and bottom of chicken breasts. Drizzle both sides with olive oil.
- Grill chicken breasts on each side for 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Turn off the heat and top each chicken with 1-2 pieces of bacon.
- Top with 2-3 slices of jalapeno.
- Cover the each piece of chicken with 1 slice of cheese. Cover the grill lid and let cheese melt for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve.