Polish sausage skillet is filled with peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Cooked with diced tomatoes and seasoning, this makes a quick and delicious meal.
If you are in the market for an easy and flavorful dinner then this dish is for you. This polish sausage recipe has become one of our go-to dinners during the school week because it can be made in less than 30 minutes with few ingredients.
Sausage and peppers is dish that can be served in many ways. Try serving over rice, cauliflower rice, pasta, spaghetti squash or even on toast. Use turkey kielbasa and zoodles or cauliflower rice for a lower calorie option.
This recipe requires just a few simple ingredients.
Polish sausage – Polish sausage is also known as kielbasa. It’s typically made with pork but can also be made with beef and even turkey.
Olive oil – Used to cook sausage and vegetables.
Bell peppers – Feel free to use your favorite color peppers. I like using red, yellow and green.
Onions and mushrooms – These are optional.
Chicken broth – You can substitute with vegetable broth.
Petite diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning
How to make polish sausage skillet
Scroll to bottom for full recipe, ingredient list and video.
- Prepare: Slice sausage into 1/2 inch rounds. Cut peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- Cook: Add olive oil to pan and heat over medium heat. Add in polish sausage and cook until starting to brown. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- Put peppers, onions and mushrooms into same pan and cook until starting to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, seasoning and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil and let cook 5 more minutes.
- Serve: Serve warm.
- Give the vegetables time to soften. It will probably take around 5-7 minutes.
- Feel free to change up the flavor profile and substitute Italian seasoning with fajita seasoning and Rotel tomatoes with chiles.
- Try adding your favorite pasta sauce and serve this over pasta.
- Best served immediately or store for meal prep.
How to store
Let the leftovers completely cool and then store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. This is great for meal prep for the week and can be reheated in the skillet or in the microwave.
More easy dinner recipes
- Crockpot sweet and sour kielbasa – Sausage with peppers and onions in a sweet and sour sauce.
- Cream cheese pasta – Easy pasta and cream sauce.
- Air fryer sausage – Fast and easy way to cook sausages.
- Instant Pot country style ribs – Tender BBQ ribs made in the pressure cooker.
- Air fryer turkey meatballs – Easy turkey meatballs are great for dinner or a snack.
- Air fryer meatloaf – Classic meatloaf made in the air fryer.
Make this dish? Feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Polish Sausage Skillet
- 1 lb polish sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 8 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Slice sausage into 1/2 inch rounds. Cut peppers, onions into strips and dice mushrooms.
- Add olive oil to pan and heat over medium heat. Add in polish sausage and cook until starting to brown. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- Add peppers, onions and mushrooms into the same pan. Cook until starting to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, seasoning and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm.