Sweet and Sour Crock Pot Kielbasa
May 20, 2019, Updated Jun 28, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sweet and sour crockpot kielbasa is a delicious and colorful family friendly dish. Sliced kielbasa, bell peppers, pineapple, onions cooked in a two ingredient sauce.
Why you will love Crockpot Kielbasa
Crockpot kielbasa is one of the first slow cooker meals I can remember making. It was a recipe my mom gave me before I headed off to college.
Now it’s one of those go-to meals that I can make knowing my kids will be happy and dinner will be done when we got home.
Slow Cooker Kielbasa ingredients
- Kielbasa: I used turkey kielbasa for this recipe.
- Bell peppers: I like using red, yellow, and green but feel free to use your favorite.
- Sweet onion: I used a Vidalia onion.
- Pineapple tidbits: Use the tidbits and the juice.
- BBQ sauce: Use your preferred brand of sauce. I used Sweet Baby Rays Original.
- Brown sugar: I prefer light brown sugar for this recipe.
How to make Crock Pot Kielbasa
- Slice the kielbasa into rounds and cut bell peppers and onion into strips.
- Place in slow kielbasa, peppers, and onion in slow cooker. Pour in pineapple tidbits and the juice.
- Add BBQ sauce and brown sugar. Place lid on top and then set for 4 hours.
What to eat with Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
How to store Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
Let the leftovers completely cool and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Crockpot Kielbasa Recipe FAQs
Sausage is a general term and kielbasa is a type of sausage. Kielbasa usually means a Polish sausage that usually contains seasonings and garlic.
Yes, packaged kielbasa is typically already cooked.
You Might Also Enjoy These Slow Cooker Recipes…
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
Sweet and Sour Kielbasa (Crockpot Recipe)
- 1 package kielbasa
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 can pineapple tidbits
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Slice the kielbasa into circles and the peppers and onion into strips.
- Place in a slow cooker and pour in pineapple with the juice. Add the BBQ sauce and brown sugar.
- Cook for 4 hours in slow cooker.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.