This easy OREO milkshake recipe is creamy, delicious and simple to make. A fun dessert that the whole family is sure to enjoy!
The BEST Oreo Milkshake Recipe
These delicious OREO milkshakes, also known as cookies and cream milkshakes, are so easy to make and a great dessert, especially to satisfy a chocolate lovers sweet tooth.
Love OREO cookies? Be sure to try:
Best Cookies and Cream Milkshake ingredients
You really just need 4 simple ingredients for this cookies and cream milkshake recipe.
OREO cookies – This can be made with original OREOS, Golden OREOS or your favorite chocolate sandwich cookies.
Ice cream – This recipe uses vanilla ice cream. You can substitute with vanilla frozen yogurt or even chocolate ice cream.
Milk – Use whole milk for the ultimate creamy shake. You can substitute with milk of your choice.
Chocolate sauce – Chocolate sauce or chocolate syrup is optional and used to top the shake. You could even top with a little hot fudge.
Whipped cream and cherry – Optional toppings.
Blender – Use a blender to mix this sweet treat. Don’t have a blender, you can also use a food processor.
Oreo Milkshake Recipe variations
Ice cream: You can substitute vanilla ice cream with chocolate ice cream, coffee ice cream, or even cookies and cream ice cream for extra cookie flavor.
Add-ins: If you like a rich vanilla flavor, add in a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Like chocolate and banana? Try blending in a ripe banana with the ice cream. Want an adult, boozy milkshake, try adding a splash of Baileys liqueur.
Toppings: Some fun topping ideas are whipped cream, sprinkles, maraschino cherry, mini chocolate chips, caramel sauce, or extra chunks of cookies.
How to make an OREO milkshake
This recipe makes 2 large servings. You can easily double the recipe to serve 4 people.
Step one: Place ice cream, milk, and OREO cookies in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Step two: Drizzle approximately a tablespoon of chocolate sauce in the bottom of each glass then drizzle chocolate sauce around the inside of the glass.
Step three: Pour milkshake into the glass. Optional, top with crushed OREOs and whipped cream.
Oreo Milkshake Recipe tips
- Let the ice cream container sit out on the counter for 5-10 minutes before making. This helps it soften enough to make it easy to scoop.
- To help the milkshake stay cold longer, place the glasses in the freezer for 15 minutes before making.
- Want a thicker shake, add less milk.
- Make this dairy-free by using dairy-free ice cream and dairy-free milk.
Cookies and cream milkshake recipe
The quality of the ice cream and milk can make a difference in a good milkshake. Also getting the correct ice cream to milk ration can set the best milkshake apart from an ok shake.
Using less milk or more ice cream will make the shake thicker.
More ice cream recipes
Did you try this OREO shake recipe? Let me know and don’t forget to leave a star rating.
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 OREO cookies
- 1/4 cup crushed OREO cookies for topping
- 1 dollop whipped cream for topping
- Blend ice cream, milk and OREOS in a blender until smooth
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of chocolate sauce into the bottom of your serving glass, and another tablespoon around the inside of the glass. Repeat with the other glass and remaining sauce.
- Pour the blended milkshake into your glasses and top with whipped cream, crushed OREOS and a maraschino cherry for serving, enjoy!
Leave a Reply