This OREO milkshake recipe is creamy, delicious and simple to make. A fun dessert that the whole family is sure to enjoy!
These delicious OREO milkshakes, also known as cookies and cream milkshakes, are so easy to make and a great dessert, especially to satisfy a chocolate lovers sweet tooth.
Love OREO cookies? Be sure to try:
You really just need 4 simple ingredients for this cookies and cream milkshake recipe.
OREO cookies – This can be made with original OREOS, Golden OREOS or your favorite chocolate sandwich cookies.
Ice cream – This recipe uses vanilla ice cream. You can substitute with vanilla frozen yogurt or even chocolate ice cream.
Milk – Use whole milk for the ultimate creamy shake. You can substitute with milk of your choice.
Chocolate sauce – Chocolate sauce or chocolate syrup is optional and used to top the shake. You could even top with a little hot fudge.
Whipped cream and cherry – Optional toppings.
How to make an OREO milkshake
This recipe makes 2 large servings. You can easily double the recipe to serve 4 people.
Step one: Place ice cream, milk, and OREO cookies in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Step two: Drizzle approximately a tablespoon of chocolate sauce in the bottom of each glass then drizzle chocolate sauce around the inside of the glass.
Step three: Pour milkshake into the glass. Optional, top with crushed OREOs and whipped cream.
Ice cream: You can substitute vanilla ice cream with chocolate ice cream, coffee ice cream, or even cookies and cream ice cream for extra cookie flavor.
Add-ins: If you like a rich vanilla flavor, add in a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Like chocolate and banana? Try blending in a ripe banana with the ice cream. Want an adult, boozy milkshake, try adding a splash of Baileys liqueur.
Toppings: Some fun topping ideas are whipped cream, sprinkles, maraschino cherry, mini chocolate chips, caramel sauce, or extra chunks of cookies.
- Let the ice cream container sit out on the counter for 5-10 minutes before making. This helps it soften enough to make it easy to scoop.
- To help the milkshake stay cold longer, place the glasses in the freezer for 15 minutes before making.
- Want a thicker shake, add less milk.
- Make this dairy-free by using dairy-free ice cream and dairy-free milk.
More ice cream recipes
Did you try this OREO shake recipe? Let me know and don’t forget to leave a star rating.
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 OREO cookies
- 1/4 cup crushed OREO cookies for topping
- 1 dollop whipped cream for topping
- Blend ice cream, milk and OREOS in a blender until smooth
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of chocolate sauce into the bottom of your serving glass, and another tablespoon around the inside of the glass. Repeat with the other glass and remaining sauce.
- Pour the blended milkshake into your glasses and top with whipped cream, crushed OREOS and a maraschino cherry for serving, enjoy!