Oreo Ice Cream Freak Cake
Jun 05, 2019, Updated May 28, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
OREO Ice Cream Freak Cake is a great way to celebrate Dad for Father’s Day! Start with an OREO® Ice Cream Cake and add OREO truffles and more for a cake he will never forget!
This post is sponsored by I Love Ice Cream Cakes. All opinions are my own.
A very special day is almost here, Father’s Day! My husband has a lot to celebrate this Father’s Day, he finished his Master’s Degree, turned 40 and got a new job! So me and the kids want to do something extra special for him this year and we know the way to his heart is a delicious dessert!
Two of my husband’s favorite things are OREO® cookies and ice cream. So on my last shopping trip to Publix I picked up an OREO® Ice Cream Cake from I Love Ice Cream Cakes in their freezer case in the Bakery section to make him an over the top OREO Ice Cream Freak Cake. The OREO ice cream cake is full of creamy vanilla ice cream blended with OREO cookie pieces, topped with whipped icing and a large OREO cookie wafer and OREO cookie pieces.
No need to turn on the oven for this cake. This ice cream cake is topped with easy homemade OREO truffles, even the kids can help make them.
How to Make an OREO Ice Cream Freak Cake
- To make the OREO truffles start by crushing the cookies and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Using a fork dip each ball into the chocolate and then place back on the wax paper.
- Let the chocolate completely harden before adding to the cake.
- Unwrap the OREO Ice Cream Cake and top with the truffles and mini cookies.
No surprise that this cake did not last long in our house. We all loved this cake so much my daughter asked if we could make it for her summer birthday cake.
You can find these ice cream cakes in many different sizes, styles and fun flavors, including Carvel®, OREO®, Reese’s. I bought mine at the local Publix but they are available in the freezer or bakery section in grocery stores nationwide. Find your ice cream cakes HERE.
You can also join the Crunchie Club to get coupons, product news and more HERE.
Sweeten your summer with I Love Ice Cream Cakes! They are great for Father’s day, birthdays or just because!
Oreo Ice Cream Freak Cake
- 1 OREO® Ice Cream Cake
- 1 package OREO® Cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 package mini OREO® Cookies
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Using a food processor, mix together cookies and cream cheese until creamy.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and place them on the cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips to a medium size bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted. (Usually takes about 1 minute. )
- Stir coconut oil into the melted chocolate.
- Place a ball on a fork and dip into the melted chocolate being sure to cover completely.
- Place dipped truffle back on the wax paper. After dipping all of the truffles let them harden. I like to place back in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the truffles on top of the OREO Ice Cream Cake. Add additional mini cookies to the top of the cake. Keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.