Ginger Tea is a hot drink made with fresh ginger root and lemon. This drink is great for digestion and has many other health benefits.
Ginger tea is one of my new found go-to’s in the morning. It’s hot, spicy, a little sweet and healthy! I have been drinking a cup in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon.
GINGER TEA BENEFITS
- Helps reduce inflammation. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Immune boosting – Ginger also contains high levels of antioxidants.
- Digestion support – This tea is great for settling upset stomach. And if you are feeling a little bit queasy, ginger is a wonderful natural remedy for nausea.
- Stress Relief
- This ginger tea recipe also calls for lemon juice and cinnamon. Lemon juice has many benefits like antioxidants, high in vitamin C an anti-inflammatory.
HOW TO MAKE GINGER TEA
- Making your own ginger tea couldn’t be easier. Start with a 2-3 inch piece of fresh ginger. Peel off the outer skin of the ginger.
- Slice the ginger into thin pieces and place them in a saucepan full of water. I typically use about 5 cups of water to make 2 mugs of tea.
- Bring the water to a boil and then simmer for 10-30 minutes. The longer it simmers, the stronger the tea will be.
- Make sure to strain the fresh ginger out of the tea. Pour into mugs and then add lemon juice, a pinch of cinnamon and raw honey if you would like to sweeten. Agave nectar is also a good way to sweeten the tea.
GINGER TEA FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Ginger has been shown to maybe help in assisting fat breakdown and supressing appetite.
If you are starting to feel a cold coming on, have an upset stomach or just want a warm and comforting drink, I recommend trying this simple ginger tea recipe. Enjoy!
You might also enjoy these healthy recipes:
Ginger tea and it's benefits
- 1 large ginger root
- 1 lemon
- 5 cups water
- 2 teaspoons raw honey or agave nectar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Peel the ginger root and then cut into slices. Fill saucepan with 5 cups if water and add the ginger.
Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
Strain the ginger and pour the tea into 2 mugs. Squeeze lemon into each mug and add a pinch of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of honey to each glass. (Honey is optional)
If you prefer the ginger tea not be strong, boil for 10-15 minutes.