Cranberry cheesecake dip is wonderful to make during the holiday season. Sweet and creamy cheesecake layer topped with cranberries. Serve this dip with gingersnap cookies for a holiday hit.
Cranberry cheesecake dip is an easy dessert that is great to serve during the holidays. If you like cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, you will love this dip!
Have you ever made a cheesecake dip before? I made a birthday cake version earlier this year and fell in love. It’s similar to this easy cream cheese fruit dip.
Why this dessert dip is so good
- A tasty combination of sweet and tart. The easy homemade cranberry topping is perfect with this dip or even over ice cream or cake.
- Easy to make and can be made ahead of time for a gathering.
How to make cranberry cheesecake dip
Skip to bottom for full recipe and ingredient list.
- Start by making the cranberry sauce. You want to have time for it to cool and thicken up in the refrigerator.
- Combine fresh or frozen cranberries in a saucepan with water, cornstarch and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes until it starts to thicken up. Remove from heat and let it cool off for 5 minutes and place in refrigerator.
- To make the cheesecake layer, cream together softened cream cheese, frozen whipped topping, powdered sugar and vanilla. It is important that the cream cheese is softened to help prevents lumps.
What to serve with cranberry cheesecake dip
This dip is good enough to eat with a spoon but here are a few suggestions to use as dippers:
- I love serving these with gingersnap cookies
- Butter cookies
- Butter crackers
- Graham crackers
How to store
Store this dip covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I would not recommend freezing this dip.
Try adding this mix-ins to the cream cheese layer for a twist.
- White chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Mini chocolate chips
More easy holiday dessert
- Hot Chocolate Poke Cake – This one is for the chocolate lovers. Delicious poke cake made with hot chocolate.
- Holiday Orange Roll Monkey Bread – Perfect holiday brunch or breakfast recipe.
- Mini Cranberry Upside Down Cakes – You will love these individual cakes.
- Eggnog Cookie Cups – Eggnog pudding in sugar cookie cups.
- Easy Eggnog No Bake Pie – An easy, fluffy, creamy pie.
Make this recipe? Feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Cranberry Cheesecake Dip
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbls cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Using a large saucepan, add cranberries, water, cornstarch and sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and chill in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese, thawed frozen whipped topping, powdered sugar and vanilla until combined and creamy.
- Place cream cheese mixture in a bowl or pie dish. Top with cooled cranberry topping. Serve with gingersnaps, crackers or butter cookies.