Eclair cake is a super easy, semi-homemade treat. Made with puff pastry, vanilla pudding and chocolate frosting. Your family will love this yummy dessert!
Eclair cake is simple to make but impressive to serve. You only need 4 ingredients to make this delicious dessert!
Raise your hand if you love desserts! I have such a big sweet tooth! I am trying to be better about eating so much sugar but sometimes a girl needs some chocolate.
Tips for making a chocolate eclair cake:
- Make sure the puff pastry is cooled before you spread the pudding on top. If it is too hot, the pudding will start to get runny.
- Don’t want canned frosting? You can heat chocolate chips with a little milk to make your own ganache.
- Want to go all out chocolate? Use chocolate pudding instead of vanilla. Yum!
More Delicious Desserts:
Eclair Cake is super easy to make. Made with puff pastry, vanilla pudding and chocolate frosting. Your family will love this yummy dessert!
- 1 box frozen puff pastry
- 1 16 oz tub chocolate frosting
- 1 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two 9x13 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out both thawed puff pastry dough into 9x13 rectangles. Place one on each baking sheet. Using a fork, prick a few holes in the puff pastry dough.
- Bake puff pastry for 10 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and let them settle.
- While puff pastry is baking, using a mixer, mix together pudding and milk. Place in a the refrigerator to set, about 5 minutes.
- Once puff pastry has cooled, spread all of the pudding on top of one of the puff pastry sheets. Carefully take the other puff pastry and place on top of the pudding.
- Heat frosting in the microwave for 30 seconds. Pour on top of the top puff pastry crust and spread. Place the cake in the refrigerator to cool the frosting for approximately 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 117mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1.6mg
Tried this recipe?Follow me @foodlovinfamily or tag #foodlovinfamily!
Leave a Reply