This green tea shot is a simple drink that’s bursting with irresistible sweet and sour flavor and has a colorful green hue. All you need is Jameson whiskey, peach schnapps, sour and a splash of lemon lime soda.
This classic green tea shot recipe has a unique sweet and sour flavor that’s always a crowd pleaser. Just like other popular shots like lemon drop shots, pineapple upside down cake shots, and cinnamon toast crunch shots, it’s great for parties or get togethers with friends.
This whiskey based cocktail recipe was actually invented by the Jameson whiskey company and is sometimes referred to as “Jameson Green Tea”. The combination of ingredients has a delicious peachy, citrus taste that doesn’t resemble the taste of green tea.
Green Tea Shot Recipe Ingredients
Irish Whiskey – Jameson Irish whiskey is most often used for this recipe.
Peach Schnapps – This liqueur has a strong peach flavor and adds a little sweetness to the green tea shot recipe.
Sour mix – Sour mix is made up of lemon and lime juice mixed with simple syrup. You can find a good sour mix at a liquor store or even the grocery store.
Soda – I prefer Sprite, but feel free to use any other lemon lime soda you like. If you would like to avoid carbonation, try substituting with lemonade.
How to make a green tea shot
This cocktail uses a 1:1:1 ratio which you can use if you need to make more than one shot.
Step One: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
Step Two: Add in a 1 ounce Jameson Whiskey, 1 ounce Peach Schnapps, and 1 ounce sour mix. (This is for 2 shots.)
Step Three: Shake 5-10 seconds, then pour the mixture through a strainer into shot glasses about 3/4 of the way full.
Step Four: Top with a splash of lemon lime soda.
Green Tea Shot recipe tips and variations
- If you are only making one shot, cut the ingredients in half.
- Instead of Sprite, change it up by topping with a splash of lemonade.
- Chill the sour mix and soda ahead of time. That way, they won’t melt too much of the ice in the shaker and water down the shot.
- Don’t have a cocktail shaker? Throw the ingredients in a Mason jar or any other container with a lid to shake up your drink.
Why is it called green tea shot?
The name comes from the bright green color of the drink. Some say it resembles a cup of relaxing green tea. The sweet and sour taste, however, is very different.
Do I need green tea to make this shot?
There is actually no green tea in this recipe at all. All you need is whiskey, peach schnapps, sour mix, and lemon lime soda.
Are Jameson green tea shots strong?
These shots don’t taste strong, but they do contain a good amount of alcohol and have a powerful kick. They’re so delicious, it can be easy to have too many if you’re not careful.
Can this shot be made into a Green Tea Shot cocktail?
If you don’t enjoy having your drink in one gulp, try making it a cocktail. Simply pour it into a larger glass like a martini glass or short cocktail glass and add a little extra Sprite. You can also serve it over ice for an extra cold drink
Green Tea Shot Mocktail
If you want to make this a non-alcoholic drink, substitute the alcohol with 1 ounce of fresh lime juice.
More easy cocktail recipes
- Easy Appletini – Delicious sweet and sour flavor.
- Seven and Seven – Just two ingredients required.
- Mango Vodka – Fun, fruity, and refreshing.
- Malibu Sunset – 3 ingredient drink made with Malibu rum.
If you tried this green tea shot recipe be sure to let me know in the comments.
Green Tea Shot
- 1 ounce Jameson whiskey or other Irish whiskey
- 1 ounce peach schnapps
- 1 ounce sour mix
- 1/4 ounce lemon-lime soda or lemonade
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in whiskey, peach schnapps, and sour mix. Close the shaker and shake.
- Pour the mixture through strainer into shot glasses about 3/4 of the way full. Top with a splash of lemon-lime soda or lemonade.