Tootsie Roll Shot Recipe
Feb 09, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Tootsie Roll Shot recipe is super simple with only 2 ingredients. You will be surprised how much this Tootsie Roll cocktail tastes like the beloved chocolate candy.
This Tootsie Roll shot is a fun, sweet drink that is perfect for your next happy hour or after dinner drink. You can’t get any easier than 2 ingredients, all you will need is some coffee liqueur and orange juice.
What is a Tootsie Roll?
The Tootsie Roll is an oblong shaped, chewy chocolate candy that was launched in 1896. It has a consistency that is similar to taffy and caramel but a little different. This iconic candy got it’s name from the inventor’s daughter whose nickname was Tootsie.
What you need
Kahlua – Kahlua is a coffee flavor liqueur that contains coffee, rum, and sugar. It can usually be found where you buy liquor.
Orange juice – I recommend using orange juice with no pulp for a smooth shot.
How to make a Tootsie Roll shot
This easy shot recipe can be made in minutes. The recipe calls for a 1 part Kahlua to 1 part orange juice ratio but feel free to adjust to your taste.
Step one: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Gather your ingredients and shot glass.
Step two: Pour Kahlua in the shaker.
Step three: Pour orange juice into shaker.
Step four: Shake for a few seconds. Pour through strainer into shot glass and serve cold.
Step five: Enjoy your tootsie roll shooter cold.
Do I need a cocktail shaker?
You don’t necessarily need a cocktail shaker for this recipe. It can be poured straight into a shot glass.
If you do have a shaker it’s a good way to really combine the flavors of the Kahlua and orange juice to get the drink nice and cold.
- Kahlua is 20% alcohol by volume so it would be considered a mild drink.
- This cocktail can also be made with the addition of 1/2 ounce vodka. The vodka makes the drink a little stronger.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker you can add the liquid to a ice filled jar that has a lid and use the jar as a shaker.
- Want to make this a larger drink? You can easily double the ingredients and serve in a martini glass or rocks glass.
Does Kahlua need to be refrigerated?
Kahlua doesn’t need to be refrigerated after opening. It is shelf stable, just make sure to store it in a cool, dark place. Kahlua has a shelf life of about 4 years if it’s unopened.
More easy shot recipes
- Green Tea shot – This shot does not have green tea. Made with Jameson whiskey, a simple drink to make.
- Apple Pie shot – Tastes just like the classic dessert. Serve with a little whipped cream and cinnamon.
- Tequila JELLO shot – Try making these for your next BBQ or party.
- Lemon Drop shot – Sweet and tart, this shot can also be made into a cocktail.
- Vegas Bomb shot – This is a fun, fruity drink.
Did you make this drink? Please feel free to share in the comments below.
Tootsie Roll Shot
- 1.5 ounces Kahlua
- 1.5 ounces orange juice pulp free
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour orange juice and Kahlua into shaker. Shake for a few seconds.
- Pour through strainer into a shot glass. Serve cold.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.