This Apple dump cake is out of this world! Packed with flavor, warm apples and a cinnamon sugar topping. This dessert will fill your house with the smell of the season.
I love fall food and this dump cake is no exception! The smell of apples and cinnamon really makes you think of fall. More of my favorite fall recipes include: Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups, Pumpkin Bars and Apple Nut Blondies.
Apple Dump Cake Ingredients
- Apple Pie Filling– You can use canned apple pie mix or make your own easy homemade apple pie filling.
- Butter Pecan Cake Mix– I love the spices and flavor in this cake mix. You could substitute with Spice Cake Mix or Yellow Cake Mix.
- Cinnamon and Sugar– This adds an extra cinnamon punch to this cake.
How To Make Apple Dump Cake
Dump cakes are so easy to make! All you need is a fruit filling, butter and cake mix. They are similar to a cobbler and much easier to assemble than a pie. You can use this same recipe and substitute peach pie filling, cherry pie filling, etc.
Start by spreading 2 cans of apple pie filling in the bottom of a casserole dish. Make sure to evenly distribute the filling.
Next, sprinkle the cake mix over the apples and then top with slices of butter.
The last step is to sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar over the cake. Feel free to leave this step out but I like the extra cinnamon flavor it adds to the cake.
Bake the dump cake at 350 degrees for approximately 45-50 minutes.
- Make sure to preheat the oven before you bake.
- Try this dessert with vanilla or butter pecan ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
- I would recommend serving this just after it’s finished baking.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. To reheat, place foil over the dish and bake until warmed.
More Easy Desserts You Might Enjoy
**If you enjoy this recipe, please be sure to give it a 5 star rating below.
Apple Dump Cake
- 2 21 oz cans apple pie filling
- 1 box butter pecan cake mix
- 1 cup butter, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9 x 11 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread apple pie filling in the baking dish.
- Top with cake mix.
- Top with sliced butter, covering the whole cake.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle over top of cake.
- Bake at for approximately 45-50 minutes. Serve warm.