This air fryer Chex mix is just the thing when you need a quick, delicious snack. The taste is similar to the original Chex mix recipe just with the flavors kicked up a notch.
There are so many recipes that can be made in the air fryer like roast chicken and meatloaf. It really is a great addition to any kitchen. If you ever wondered about using it to make Chex Mix like me, you will be happy to know it works great! Is there anything you can’t make in the air fryer?!
What makes this recipe great
- Fast: This cooking method is quicker than in the oven. Cooks in about 5 minutes compared to an hour in the oven.
- Customizable: Easy to customize with your favorite ingredients.
- Gifting: Great for a homemade, edible gift. I like giving this to my neighbors during the holiday season.
What you need
Chex cereal: I like using rice and corn Chex but you can add in some wheat or use one kind, it’s really up to you.
Cheerio cereal: These add another layer of crunch.
Pretzels: Can’t go wrong with pretzels. I like using mini or stick shape.
Butter, Worcestershire sauce, Seasoned salt and Garlic powder: These ingredients make up the delicious seasoning that coats the snack mix.
How to make air fryer Chex mix
- Pour Chex cereals, Cheerios, and pretzels in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and stir in Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Pour mixture over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- Pour mixture into air fryer basket and cook at 350 degrees F for 3 minutes. Shake the basket and cook for another 2 minutes at 350 degrees F. *** Each air fryer cooks a little different. You mix might be finished cooking after 3 minutes. If you like it crunchier, add the extra 2 minutes.
There are many different ingredients you can add to your mix to add flavor and texture. Here are a few suggestions:
Sweet: We love adding things like M&M’s, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips. Make sure to add these after the mix has cooked and cooled.
Salty: Cheese crackers, Goldfish crackers, bagel chips
Nuts: Peanuts, cashews, mixed nuts, Brazil nuts
Dried Fruit: Banana chips, raisins, dried cranberries, dried pineapple
Can I make this mix in the oven?
Yes, if you don’t have an air fryer, this can be easily baked in the oven. Spread the mixture on a large baking sheet and bake in the oven at 220 degrees F and cook for 45 minutes to an hour, tossing every 15 minutes.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you will probably have to cook in 2-3 batches. I had to cook 2 batches with my 5.8 quart air fryer.
- Make sure to let the mix completely cool before placing in airtight container. This helps prevent it from becoming soggy.
- Feel free to double the recipe ingredients to make for a larger amount of people.
How to store
Store this in an airtight container at room temperature. This will keep for about a month.
More easy air fryer appetizers
- Air fryer pizza rolls – Make frozen pizza rolls quickly.
- Air fryer bacon wrapped smokies – Delicious crispy bacon wrapped around a smokie sausage brushed with brown sugar.
- Air fryer bacon wrapped pineapple – A tasty sweet and salty appetizer.
- Air fryer potato skins – Crispy potato skins filled with your favorite toppings.
If you made this air fryer Chex mix, feel free to leave a comment and rating and let me know how you liked it! We love seeing your comments!
Air Fryer Chex Mix
- 2 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 2 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup Cheerio Cereal
- 2 cups pretzels
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix together Chex cereal, Cheerios, and pretzels in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and stir in Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and garlic powder.
- Pour mixture into single layer in the air fryer. Cook at 350 degrees F for 3 minutes. Shake the basket and cook another 2 minutes.