Sweet Chex Mix Recipe
Nov 16, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This sweet Chex mix recipe is one you will be making over and over again! Chex and Golden Grahams covered in a wonderful, gooey glaze that sets up to make an amazing sweet treat.
Once you make this recipe for sweet Chex mix, you will want to have it on repeat. Try serving it with some savory snacks for balance like sausage balls, chicken wings, and bacon wrapped water chestnuts.
Chex mix is a snack that everyone seems to enjoy. There are so many different variations from a savory Chex mix, to spicy, to sweet. It’s the perfect treat for a movie night, holiday parties, game day, and so much more.
Table of Contents
What you need
Just a few simple ingredients are used to make this sweet snack mix.
- Corn Chex cereal – I like using Corn Chex but you can substitute with Rice Chex, Wheat Chex, or Honey Nut Chex. You could even substitute with Crispex cereal.
- Golden Grahams cereal – Golden Grahams adds a delicious sweet, honey flavor.
- Corn syrup – Use light corn syrup for this recipe.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar is used.
- Butter – You can use either unsalted or salted butter. Salted butter will add a balance to the sweetness to this snack.
How to make sweet Chex mix
Step one: Combine the Chex and Golden Grahams cereal into a large bowl. Line 2-3 baking sheets with wax paper and set aside.
Step two: Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in the corn syrup and sugar. Make sure to stir. Warm over medium heat until it starts to boil. Let it boil for 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
Step three: Pour the sugar mixture over the cereal mixture. Toss to coat all of the cereal.
Step four: Spread the cereal mixture out on the prepared baking sheets. Let cool for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- It’s important to stir the sugar mixture over the heat so it doesn’t burn.
- Make sure to spread the mix out over 2-3 lined baking sheets.
- This does make a big batch. You can cut the recipe in half if you are serving fewer people.
Party mix add-ins
This mix is great on it’s own but feel free to add in other ingredients like:
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Salted peanuts
- Salty pretzels
- Sweetened coconut flakes
How to store
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or zip top bag. You can keep it out at room temperature and it will last for about 7 days but I don’t think it will last that long.
Let me know if you make this easy sweet Chex mix recipe in the comments. It’s one of our family favorites and I hope it will be one of yours.
More easy snack recipes
Sweet Chex Mix
- 1 3/4 cups corn syrup like Karo syrup
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 16.7 ounce box Golden Graham cereal
- 1 12 ounce box Corn Chex cereal
- Mix together Golden Grahams and Chex in a large bowl. Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in the corn syrup and sugar. Make sure to stir. Warm over medium heat until it starts to boil. Let it boil for 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and pour the mixture over the cereal. Toss the cereal and sugar mixture together until all the cereal is coated.
- Pour the cereal mixture onto the prepared baking sheets and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.