BBQ Chicken Meal Prep Bowls are a quick, one pan meal for an easy dinner. Make them ahead of time for weekly meal prep. Filled with BBQ chicken, butternut squash, broccoli and corn on the cob.
BBQ chicken meal prep bowls are sooo easy and perfect for a busy week night meal. Bake everything on one pan and dinner is served! It’s my version of fast food.
Some nights call for a no brainer dinner like these Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls. This bbq chicken meal prep is exactly that. A few ingredients baked in the oven and dinner is done. Can I get a high five?!
For this meal I use a pack of chicken tenderloins, my favorite BBQ sauce, butternut squash, broccoli and some corn on the cob. Toss them all with a little olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper and bake. I recommend to bake the squash a few minutes before you add the rest of the ingredients in order for them to soften.
- I love using THESE containers for meal prep. They stay clear and are really durable.
- To reheat, place the chicken and vegetables on a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- If you don’t have corn on the cob, use can substitute frozen corn.
- Diced sweet potatoes are a great alternative to butternut squash.
- For faster prep, buy pre chopped broccoli and squash.
BBQ Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- 1-1.5 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 ears corn, cut in thirds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place diced butternut squash on large baking sheet. Toss with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Bake squash for 15 minutes.
Remove pan from oven add chopped broccoli and corn to pan. Toss in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Add chicken to pan and brush with 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce. Season with 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Bake additional 20-25 minutes.
Remove from the oven. Chop or shred chicken and toss with remaining BBQ sauce. Serve with the roasted vegetables.
For meal prep bowls, add ingredients to container. To reheat, place on baking sheet and bake in oven for 10 minutes to warm.