Spring is in the air! Let me tell you, I am ready for the sunshine, flowers, and the birds singing. I actually went out today and started buying a few things for the kid’s Easter baskets.
Speaking of Easter, if you are looking for the perfect dessert for your Easter gathering, look no further. This is a recipe from my great grandmother. It is so refreshing (I think that is the right word), moist and delicious. You can see in the pictures that I am a big fan of the glaze. I add quite a bit to mine but feel free to add as much or as little as you like.
Apricot Nector Cake
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar for glaze
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease bundt pan with shortening.
- Mix together cake mix, 1 cup apricot nectar, 3/4 cup oil, eggs, and sugar in mixer at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture into greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cake cool and then place on plate to release cake from pan.
- Mix together powdered sugar and 1/2 cup apricot nectar.
- Drizzle glaze on cooled cake and serve.