Chewy Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Nov 21, 2016, Updated Nov 17, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chewy cinnamon oatmeal cookies are the perfect combination of flavorful cookies with a chewy texture. This is a delicious cookie recipe to make all year round.
One of my favorite things during the holiday season is giving gifts from my kitchen. Every year the kids and I schedule a day to bake cookies, package them up and deliver them to our neighbors. It has become a fun family tradition that I hope we will continue.
These cookies are a family and friend favorite. The taste and texture of these cookies is soooooo good. They are chewy, perfectly sweet and have a hint of cinnamon.
Table of Contents
- Quick cooking oats
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
How to make Oatmeal Cookies with Cinnamon
- Start by creaming sugar and shortening together. Mix until nice and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time and then molasses and vanilla.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture into sugar mixture until well blended.
- Drop by tablespoons on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Try adding in one of these additional ingredients for extra flavor:
- chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- toffee bits
How to store
Store: Keep in an airtight container or zip-top bag.
Freeze: These cookies can also be frozen. Place in a freezer bag and keep for up to 3 months.
To add a touch of holiday flair, I tied some ribbon and little snowflake ornament around an air-tight container. Give the gift of homemade chewy cinnamon oatmeal cookies this year. Your family and friends will be excited to receive such a delicious surprise!
More delicious cookie recipes
- German Chocolate Chocolate Cookies
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- optional: chocolate chips raisins, toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and shortening until fluffy.
- Add eggs. Mix in molasses and vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into sugar mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Drop dough using a tablespoon 2 inches apart onto either baking sheets greased with non-stick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.