Chewy Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies are delightfully chewy with a hint of cinnamon.
One of my favorite things during the holiday season is giving gifts from my kitchen. Every year the kids and I schedule a day to bake cookies, package them up and deliver them to our neighbors. It has become a fun family tradition that I hope we will continue.
In recent years my neighbors have started requesting these chewy cinnamon oatmeal cookies. They seem to be everyone’s favorite. The taste and texture of these cookies is soooooo good. They are chewy, perfectly sweet and have a hint of cinnamon.
To package up our cookies, I like using these Rubbermaid TakeAlongs. The Quik Clik Seal™ keeps the cookies super fresh and helps prevent spills. My favorite features are that they are top rack dishwasher and freezer safe and even microwaveable. The flexible, soft lid grips the container tightly for a great seal and the large tab makes it easy to open. The holiday TakeAlongs come in limited edition red, green and prints for the holidays and will be available in-store: 10/29 – 12/24.
How to Make Chewy Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- Start by creaming sugar and shortening together. Mix until nice and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time and then molasses and vanilla.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture into sugar mixture until well blended.
- Drop by tablespoons on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
These scrumptious cookies make a great base cookie to add other ingredients like:
- chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- toffee bits
To add a touch of holiday flair, I tied some ribbon and little snowflake ornament around the Rubbermaid TakeAlongs. Give the gift of homemade chewy cinnamon oatmeal cookies this year. Your family and friends will be excited to receive such a delicious surprise!
More Cookies You Might Love
Chewy Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- optional: chocolate chips raisins, toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and shortening until fluffy.
- Add eggs. Mix in molasses and vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into sugar mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Drop dough using a tablespoon 2 inches apart onto either baking sheets greased with non-stick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
I found my holiday Rubbermaid TakeAlongs at Walmart on an end cap holiday display.
What will you be putting in your Rubbermaid TakeAlongs this year?