This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #31DaysWithRotel #CollectiveBias
Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl – fajita seasoned chicken mixed with peppers, onions, RO*TEL and cilantro lime rice. A bold and flavorful meal the family will love.
Chicken fajita rice bowl is a great meal that gives my family a break from everyday routine. I am back with more ways to fiesta in May. I showed you how I spice up breakfast with this southwestern breakfast casserole. Today I want to share a break from the everyday dinner and lunch with this chicken fajita rice bowl.
This rice bowl is like eating a chicken fajita in a bowl. It is a filling meal that will leave you satisfied. Filled with red and yellow peppers, onions, seasoned chicken all mixed up with cilantro lime rice and RO*TEL. And if you just don’t feel like using a fork, this mixture is great rolled up in a flour tortilla.
To Make Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl:
- Cook rice. Once cooked stir in lime juice and cilantro, set aside.
- Season chopped chicken with fajita seasoning and brown in a skillet.
- Remove chicken from skillet and add diced onions and peppers. Cook until softened.
- Add chicken, RO*TEL and rice in with peppers and onions. Stir until combined.
- Serve topped with diced avocado.
If there is any leftover, this makes a great meal to pack for lunch the next day. My husband usually requests that I double this recipe so he can bring it for his work lunch.
If you need a quick weeknight meal with lots of zest and flavor, be sure to give this chicken fajita rice bowl a try. Thanks to RO*TEL, a versatile ingredient, you can turn any meal into a fiesta!
Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl
- 1 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 10 oz can RO*TEL
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup white long grain rice
- 1 juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a medium pot, add water and boil. Add rice, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes (or according to package).
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Season diced chicken with 1 tablespoon of fajita seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken to skillet and cook until no longer pink in the center and golden brown. 7-8 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add peppers and onions and remaining 1 tablespoon of fajita seasoning.
- Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add in rice, chicken and RO*TEL. Stir until combined. Top with diced avocado and serve.
On your next trip to Walmart, be sure to pick up RO*TEL on the tomato sauce aisle.
The fiesta is going on for 31 days!! Be sure to check the social hub HERE for a new recipe/idea every day of the month!
What will you be making with RO*TEL? I would love to hear from you in the comments.