This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #31DaysWithRotel #CollectiveBias
Southwestern Breakfast Casserole is a bold spin on breakfast. Packed full of flavor, made with RO*TEL, eggs, potatoes, green pepper and cheese.
I might be a little bit partial but May is my favorite month of the year. Why, because it is my birthday month! Woohoo! May is always one big fiesta for our family. We actually celebrate several birthdays throughout the month.
One of my birthday morning traditions is that my husband brings me breakfast in bed. That is the best present he could ever give me. This year I am going to have him make me this southwestern breakfast casserole. It is a simple breakfast casserole kicked up a few notches with the addition of RO*TEL. I love the spiciness it adds to the casserole.
If someone looked in my pantry they would find a shelf with at least 5 cans of RO*TEL. I use it for so many different recipes like this one pan cheesy quinoa with turkey kielbasa and these easy chicken empanadas. It is so versatile and the perfect ingredient to add bold flavor to our everyday breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Add the diced hash browns into a large skillet and cook according to package directions. Make sure that the hash browns are cooked through.
- Add in two cans of RO*TEL, diced green pepper, onion, and cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and then pour whisked eggs and milk on top.
- Bake for approximately one hour and then let cool ten minutes before serving.
This breakfast casserole has the perfect amount of cheese and spice. It is a great breakfast but also works for lunch and dinner. Top with a little diced avocado and sour cream for more of a southwestern taste.
Southwestern Breakfast Casserole
- 1 32 oz bag Southern Style Diced Hash browns
- 2 cans RO*TEL Original, drained
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add hash browns to a large skillet and cook according to package.
- Stir in RO*TEL, cheese, diced green pepper, onion, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and eggs. Pour egg mixture over hash brown mixture.
- Bake for one hour.
- Remove from onion and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
RO*TEL helps me put a bold and spicy spin on meals no matter what day of the week. I found RO*TEL on my weekly trip to Walmart in the tomato sauce aisle.
To find more fiesta inspiration be sure to check out RO*TEL.
Let me know how you FIESTA in the month of may.