Ham And Cheese Roll Ups
Aug 25, 2020, Updated Nov 06, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Ham and cheese roll ups are great to pack for lunch or make an easy party appetizer. Tortilla roll ups are spread with seasoned, soft cream cheese and layered with ham and cheese. Super simple, super delicious!
Why these tortilla roll ups work
- Quick and Easy: Few ingredients required and can be made in under 10 minutes.
- Appetizer: Perfect for parties, gatherings, and lunch box.
- Versatile: Easy to substitute and add ingredients.
Cream cheese – Use full fat or 1/3 fat cream cheese. Make sure that it’s softened to make it easy to spread.
Ranch seasoning – Use a seasoning pack or make your own.
Deli ham – I like using honey ham but feel free to choose your favorite deli ham.
Sliced American cheese – Yellow or white American work great. You can substitute with another soft cheese.
Tortillas – Flour tortillas work well for these wraps. You want the wrap to be soft and thick enough that it will hold together. I use taco size tortillas but you could also use burrito size and add more ingredients.
How to make ham and cheese roll ups.
Scroll to the bottom for full, printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Spread: Stir ranch seasoning and cream cheese together. For extra creamy cream cheese, beat with a mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Layer: Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture on top of a tortilla. Place 1-2 pieces of ham and then cheese down the middle of the tortilla.
- Roll: Start on one side of tortilla and roll tightly. Once rolled, cover in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for at least an hour to chill.
- Slice: Remove plastic wrap and cut off the ends of the roll. Cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds. Serve cold.
- Make sure you start with softened cream cheese. I like to mix mine to get it nice and spreadable but if it’s softened enough you can skip that step.
- When adding your ingredients, place them down the middle tortilla. (Except for the cream cheese spread.) This allows for a nice, even roll.
- These roll ups have to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour so that they stay together. It’s even better if they can sit overnight in the refrigerator before slicing.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the ham and cheese roll ups.
How to store
Store: These keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Ham and cheese is a classic combination but feel free to change up the meat and cheese for these pinwheels. I would recommend use softer cheeses because they are easier to roll. Here are a few of our other favorites:
- Turkey and provolone
- Roast beef and pepper jack cheese
- Sliced deli chicken and havarti
More easy appetizer recipes
- Bacon wrapped water chestnuts – One of our favorite appetizers.
- Crack dip – Cream cheese mixed with cheese, bacon, onions and ranch.
- Chipped beef dip – An easy, creamy dip with chipped beef.
More recipes you will love
***If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Ham and cheese roll ups
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese
- 1 ranch seasoning packet
- 10 American cheese slices
- 5-10 deli ham slices
- 5 tortillas
- Stir ranch seasoning into softened cream cheese. (For extra creamy cream cheese, beat with a mixer for 2-3 minutes.)
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture over top of the tortilla. Layer 1-2 pieces of ham and 2 slices of cheese down the middle of the tortilla.
- Roll up as tightly as possible and then wrap in plastic wrap. Continue making rolls until ingredients are finished. Store in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Once the rolls have chilled, remove plastic wrap and use a knife to cut off the ends. Slice roll into 1/2 inch rounds and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.