BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad is a filling, protein packed meal. Loaded with BBQ chicken, eggs, bacon, roasted corn, carrots, cucumber, tomato and avocado.
Summer time is here so I have been trying to eat more veggies. This BBQ Chicken Salad is a great way to incorporate vegetables but also leaves you feeling satisfied. This is no wimpy salad! Packed full of protein, flavor and texture. It has become a household favorite.
This salad is very versatile. You can add and take away whatever suits your taste. Here are a few time saving tips to make this salad:
- Use a rotisserie chicken. Chop or shred and then mix with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Use your favorite bottled dressing. I love it with ranch or a sweet peppercorn dressing.
- Cook and peel your eggs ahead of time. Make a few extra for breakfast. 🙂
- Don’t dice your avocado until you are ready to serve the salad.
Looking for more salads? Check these out!
BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad
- 7 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Place cooked bacon on a plate lined with paper towel. Chop.
- In a small bowl mix shredded chicken and BBQ sauce until chicken is coated.
- Heat a small skillet over medium high heat. Add corn to pan. Cook until starts to brown, about 5 minutes.
- To cook eggs, place in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil, cover with a lid and then turn off heat. Set aside for 10 minutes. Remove eggs and place in a bowl full of cold water. Peel and dice.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl, add eggs, chicken, chopped bacon, onions, carrots, cucumbers, roasted corn, tomatoes and avocados.
- Serve with your favorite dressing like ranch.