Mason jar pasta salad shakers will shake up your lunch box routine. Filled with quality turkey and cheese, pasta, vegetables and a homemade ranch dressing these shakers are sure to please.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeyondTheSandwich #CollectiveBias
Mason Jar Pasta Salad Shaker
One of my many mom duties this time of year includes packing lunch for my three little munchkins and my husband. I did not grow up eating school lunches and once the kids started going to school, I decided to stick with family tradition and pack their lunch. Last year the kids became so tired of sandwiches everyday and frankly I was bored of making them. Before school started last week we decided we needed to come up with some lunch box alternatives.
You might be able to tell by some previous posts like mason jar cakes and mason jar trifle that I like food in a jar. It makes the perfect portable vessel to carry food. With this in mind, we decided to experiment with some leftover pasta and Castle Wood Reserve® Smoked Honey Turkey and Castle Wood Reserve® Pasteurized Process American Cheese and came up with this mason jar salad. Ava did not want to give up her turkey and cheese so dicing it up and adding it in with pasta and veggies worked like a charm.
Castle Wood Reserve® is a full line of high quality deli meats and cheeses just like you would expect from your neighborhood deli. These premium meats and cheeses are versatile enough for a charcuterie board or a lunch box. I find myself just eating the turkey and cheese by themselves as I am packing lunch. As a mom, I also like that the meat and cheese has no MSG and is trans-fat and gluten free.
For the pasta salad, we started with a homemade ranch dressing. Next layer in cooked pasta and diced cucumber.
We then added in diced Castle Wood Reserve® American Cheese, diced red pepper and chopped up Castle Wood Reserve® Smoked Honey Turkey. When you are ready to eat the pasta salad, make sure the lid is on and shake the jar. This will help mix everything together and you are ready for lunch.
I know some schools might not allow glass jars so feel free to use plastic jars instead.
Do salads last long in a Mason Jar?
This pasta salad will be good for about 5 days stored in the refrigerator.
Castle Wood Reserve® has a variety of meats and cheeses. We came up with a few more pasta salad shaker combinations.
- Castle Wood Reserve® Honey Cured Ham, Castle Wood Reserve® Natural Baby Swiss Cheese, pasta, peas and Italian dressing
- Castle Wood Reserve® Seasoned Roast Beef Top Round, Castle Wood Reserve® Natural Smoked Provolone Cheese, pasta, green peppers and thousand island dressing
- Castle Wood Reserve® Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, Castle Wood Reserve® Natural Pepper Jack, pasta, corn, black beans and ranch dressing
I would love to hear your ideas for creative pasta salad shaker combinations. Let me know what you will be shaking up in the comments.
Mason Jar Pasta Salad Shakers
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pasta salad:
- 3/4 cup cooked mini farfalle pasta
- 1/4 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced Castle Wood Reserve® American Cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Castle Wood Reserve® Smoked Honey Turkey
- For dressing, whisk together all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place 1/4 cup dressing in the bottom of jar.
- Then layer the rest of the ingredients in a pint size jar.
- Place lid on jar and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat or pack.
- Shake jar, eat and enjoy!
You can find Castle Wood Reserve® on the deli aisle of your local Walmart store along with everything else needed to make the pasta salad shakers. You may also take advantage of an Ibotta rebate available August 3 – October 31 or while supplies last. Link below.
- $1.75 off meat
- $0.50 off cheese
- $0.75 bonus for buying both