Spicy ketchup is the condiment you didn’t know you needed. Simple ketchup is elevated with just a few ingredients and brings a spicy sweet flavor to all kinds of food.
Why make this spicy ketchup recipe
- Taste – Similar to the Whataburger Spicy Ketchup, this is a sweet and spicy condiment that will add so much flavor to anything you put it on.
- Fast – The prep time for this recipe is under 5 minutes. Simply stir the ingredients together to combine and you are done.
- Ketchup – Use your favorite store bought regular ketchup or homemade ketchup.
- Hot Sauce – I use Tabasco sauce but you could also use Cholua, or your favorite hot sauce.
- Chili powder – Chili powder adds a smoky, delicious flavor to the ketchup.
How to make spicy ketchup
This recipe uses just 3 ingredients and can be made in less than 5 minutes.
Step one: Place the ketchup in a bowl. Stir in hot sauce and chili powder. Mix until well combined.
Step two: Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How to store leftovers
Store: You can keep this ketchup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Sauce – You can replace the Tabasco with sriracha sauce to make sriracha ketchup. If you want is SUPER hot, try using a habanero hot sauce, or even a ghost pepper sauce.
Spice – Feel free to use chili powder or cayenne pepper. Cayenne is a little spicier so if you like spicy food, I would recommend using cayenne pepper.
Sweetness – If you like a sweeter sauce, you can add a teaspoon of brown sugar.
Ratios – The ingredients can be easily adjusted to taste.
How to serve hot ketchup
This spicy sauce is a great recipe that goes well on a wide variety of things like:
- Hot dogs and hamburgers –
- French fries and onion rings –
- Chicken – You can use it to dip chicken tenders, spread on a chicken sandwich, and more.
Will you be trying this “fancy” ketchup? Be sure to let me know in the comments.
More easy sauce recipes
- Duck sauce – Try serving this with things like egg rolls, wontons, and more.
- Tartar sauce – Simple homemade fish sauce.
- Cocktail sauce – Once you make this homemade cocktail sauce you won’t want bottled.
- Copycat McDonald’s Breakfast sauce – Add to your breakfast sandwiches.
- Zesty sauce – A spicy sauce perfect for dipping or spreading.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder can substitute with cayenne pepper
- Place ketchup in a bowl. Whisk in hot sauce and chili powder until well combined.
- Serve or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Leave a Reply