Spicy Ketchup Recipe (Hot Ketchup)
Mar 23, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Spicy ketchup is the condiment you didn’t know you needed. Simple ketchup is elevated with just a few ingredients and brings a spicy sweet flavor to all kinds of food.
Why make this spicy ketchup recipe
- Taste – Similar to the Whataburger Spicy Ketchup, this is a sweet and spicy condiment that will add so much flavor to anything you put it on.
- Fast – The prep time for this recipe is under 5 minutes. Simply stir the ingredients together to combine and you are done.
- Ketchup – Use your favorite store bought regular ketchup or homemade ketchup.
- Hot Sauce – I use Tabasco sauce but you could also use Cholua, or your favorite hot sauce.
- Chili powder – Chili powder adds a smoky, delicious flavor to the ketchup.
How to make spicy ketchup
This recipe uses just 3 ingredients and can be made in less than 5 minutes.
Step one: Place the ketchup in a bowl. Stir in hot sauce and chili powder. Mix until well combined.
Step two: Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How to store leftovers
Store: You can keep this ketchup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Sauce – You can replace the Tabasco with sriracha sauce to make sriracha ketchup. If you want is SUPER hot, try using a habanero hot sauce, or even a ghost pepper sauce.
Spice – Feel free to use chili powder or cayenne pepper. Cayenne is a little spicier so if you like spicy food, I would recommend using cayenne pepper.
Sweetness – If you like a sweeter sauce, you can add a teaspoon of brown sugar.
Ratios – The ingredients can be easily adjusted to taste.
How to serve hot ketchup
This spicy sauce is a great recipe that goes well on a wide variety of things like:
- Hot dogs and hamburgers –
- French fries and onion rings –
- Chicken – You can use it to dip chicken tenders, spread on a chicken sandwich, and more.
Will you be trying this “fancy” ketchup? Be sure to let me know in the comments.
More easy sauce recipes
- Duck sauce – Try serving this with things like egg rolls, wontons, and more.
- Tartar sauce – Simple homemade fish sauce.
- Cocktail sauce – Once you make this homemade cocktail sauce you won’t want bottled.
- Copycat McDonald’s Breakfast sauce – Add to your breakfast sandwiches.
- Zesty sauce – A spicy sauce perfect for dipping or spreading.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder can substitute with cayenne pepper
- Place ketchup in a bowl. Whisk in hot sauce and chili powder until well combined.
- Serve or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.