Easy Veggie Dip
Oct 11, 2023, Updated Nov 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Need a recipe for a simple homemade veggie dip to go on your vegetable platter? This easy dip recipe includes pesto for amazing flavor and can be made in 5 minutes. It’s sure to become a favorite to serve at gatherings or as a snack.
When I need something simple to make for a party or just an afternoon snack when the kids get home, a veggie tray is always at the top of my list. You can’t go wrong with colorful, crisp veggies and a delicious dip.
- Mayonnaise – The creamy base to the dip. You can use your favorite mayonnaise like Best Foods or Hellmans.
- Sour cream – Sour cream adds another layer of creaminess and flavor.
- Pesto – I like using a store bought basil pesto to make it easy but you can also use homemade pesto.
- Lemon juice – Adds a brightness to the dip and balances out the pesto.
- Salt and pepper – A little extra seasoning. You can adjust to taste.
How to make veggie dip
Step one: Place mayonnaise, sour cream, pesto, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
Step two: Mix the ingredients together until well combined. Serve or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
You can add extra flavor with some of these additions. Here are a few suggestions:
Add-ins: Bacon bits, diced red peppers, chopped olives, or chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
Cheese: Crumbled feta cheese, blue cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, or grated parmesan cheese.
Base: You can substitute the sour cream with plain Greek yogurt. You can also use full-fat or low-fat mayonnaise and sour cream.
How to store
Store: Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. This dip does not freeze well.
What to serve with vegetable dip
Here are some great raw vegetables to serve with this dip. Chips and crackers also make great dippers.
Vegetables – Bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, snap peas, and more.
Chips – Potato chips, corn chips, tortilla chips, pretzels, and more.
This will last about 3-4 days if stored in an airtight container. Make sure to give it a good stir before serving.
More easy dip recipes
Veggie Dip Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup basil pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the mayonnaise, sour cream, pesto, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix together until completely combined.
- Serve or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.