Tuna Salad Meal Prep
May 06, 2019, Updated May 20, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Tuna Salad Meal Prep is a great way to have a protein filled lunch ready to go. Easy tuna salad with celery, almonds and cheese is perfect for a low-carb, Keto approved meal.
Ingredients Needed: Tuna, celery, onion flakes, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Meal prep made easy
Do you meal prep? My husband recently started eating more ketogenic so I have found that meal prep is a must to having things available for him to eat, especially lunches he can bring to work.
This tuna salad and chicken salad are super easy meals to make and have enough for a few days. Add a few extras in the container like veggies, fruit or a hard boiled egg for a complete meal.
How to make Tuna Salad Meal Prep
- Dice up celery into small pieces and combine with tuna, onion flakes, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir until well combined.
- If you are using the tuna salad for meal prep, add lettuce leaves to a meal prep container. Add about about a cup of tuna salad and then any additional items like celery, almonds and cheese.
What goes well with Tuna Salad?
I like pairing this salad with veggies like celery, cucumbers or bell peppers. You could also pair it with fruit like grapes, apples or melon.
Is tuna salad healthy?
Tuna is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and protein. If you are on a ketogenic diet then mayonnaise works well since it is high in fat. You could also add avocado to your tuna salad for extra healthy fat.
How long does it last in the refrigerator?
I would say about three days in the refrigerator. This recipe is enough for 2 lunches. You could double the recipe and store in the refrigerator.
You may need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated links. Thanks for being a part of Food Lovin’ Family.
I have mentioned in the past how much I love these containers for meal prep. They are so easy to clean and never stain.
You might also enjoy…
If you love your carbs like me, then you might also like this tuna pasta salad from Tastes Better From Scratch.
If you make this recipe, be sure to give it a star rating below.
Tuna Salad Meal Prep
- 1 6.4 oz package of chunk light tuna in water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 drop lemon essential oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teapoon ground black pepper
- 2 celery stalks cut into strips
- cubed cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, stir together tuna, celery, mustard, onion flakes, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve or place in meal prep containers.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.