Chicken Salad Meal Prep is a great way to start the week. Made with Greek yogurt and veggies, this is a protein packed meal.
Chicken salad meal prep is an easy recipe to make so that you have lunch all week. I have been trying to be better at prepping food on Sundays for us to eat throughout the week. My husband goes into an office for work so it is nice for him to just grab a prepped lunch out of the fridge and go.
One tip I have is baking several chicken breasts on Sundays so that you can use them for a few different meal prep recipes with chicken like this Jerk Chicken Meal Prep bowl. Once the chicken is baked I shred some and chop some to have on hand for the week.
This chicken salad recipe used Greek yogurt to cut back on the calories but you can use mayo if yogurt isn’t your thing and you would like to add fat for Keto. If you want to spice it up add a small pinch of cayenne pepper for a kick.
One more suggestion for these meal prep bowls. I recommend storing the chicken salad in one container and then scooping into your lunch container that morning.
Ideas to serve with chicken salad:
- Grapes add a nice sweetness to the meal.
- Any vegetables like carrot sticks, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes.
- A handful of nuts like almonds, peanuts or pecans.
- Whole wheat pita pockets, wheat water crackers.
- If I am making this keto friendly I serve it with sliced cucumbers, celery and avocado.
Need More Healthy Meal Prep Recipes:
I like using THESE meal prep containers.
**If you made this recipe be sure to give it a star rating below.
Chicken Salad Meal Prep
- 2 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- carrot sticks
- Combine chicken, bell peppers, celery, onion, Greek yogurt, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply