Strawberry Lemonade is a slightly sweet and tart refreshing beverage that everyone will love! Made with fresh squeezed lemons, and strawberry juice, this is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
We had a gorgeous warm few days this past weekend and now I am ready to break out the shorts. I was dreaming of sitting on the porch, feeling the summer breeze, and drinking this AMAZING strawberry lemonade. This drink has the right mix of sweet and sour not to mention the beautiful red/pink color.
On the rare occasion that we take the kids out to dinner, their special treat is getting lemonade. It is their absolute favorite, they don’t even care if they eat, they just want the lemonade. One restaurant we went to had strawberry lemonade and I thought their heads were going to explode. Ava, my oldest, talked about that strawberry lemonade for weeks so I thought I would surprise her and try making some at home.
How to make strawberry lemonade:
This strawberry lemonade recipe is made with fresh squeezed lemons and chopped strawberries so it is the real deal.
- Bring lemon zest, sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan. This makes the simple syrup.
- In a medium bowl, mix strawberries and sugar and let it sit for at least one hour to make the strawberry juice.
- Strain the strawberries and reserve the juice.
- Combine lemon juice, simple syrup, and cold water in a pitcher.
- Spoon strawberry juice in glasses. Add ice and lemonade. Top with strawberries.
I would highly recommend adding this strawberry lemonade to your list of things to make this spring and summer. It makes the perfect warm weather drink and great for a holiday brunch along with Blushing Mimosa. And if you want to make it an adult beverage, add some vodka or champagne. If you have any left over of the sugared strawberries, they are great on top of some pancakes or angel food cake. Cheers!
- The zest of 1 lemon cut into wide strips I used a vegetable peeler for this
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice 9-10 lemons
- 2 cups chopped strawberries stems removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To make the lemon simple syrup, bring the lemon zest, 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1 1/2 cup water to a boil in medium saucepan. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Let cook to room temperature.
- To make the strawberry syrup, toss the strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar in a medium bowl and let sit until the sugar dissolves. (About 1 hour) Can sit at room temperature or in refrigerator.
- Strain the strawberry mixture, reserve the strawberry syrup and berries separately.
- To make the lemonade, combine the lemon juice, lemon syrup, salt and 2 cups cold water in a pitcher.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of the strawberry syrup in tall glass and fill with ice. Then top with lemonade and reserved strawberries.