Rainbow Detox Water
Jul 16, 2019, Updated Jun 04, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Rainbow Detox Water is full of beautiful fruit and basil. Refreshing and delicious, this infused water is full of nutrients and will keep you hydrated.
Rainbow detox water is a beautiful way to drink your water. I mentioned a few weeks ago I have been trying to drink more water, especially during these HOT summer months. So far I have been staying on track and getting my H2O everyday.
Infusing water with fruit really makes it easy to drink. I have been trying different combinations like this watermelon cucumber and mint water. There are so many wonderful combinations. I love this rainbow detox water because of the color and flavor. Just seeing all of those bright fruit colors in my glass makes me happy. 🙂
Water is the best way to cleanse the body and important for our health. This water puts a fun spin on “plain” water. Not only does it taste AMAZING, it is full of nutrients.
Detox Water Benefits
- Lime: full of vitamin C and anti-oxidants.
- Lemon: high in vitamin C and anti-oxidants.
- Strawberries: strawberries are also a great source of vitamin C and anti-oxidants
- Blueberries: high in potassium, vitamin C and B6
- Oranges: Large amount of vitamin C
- Raspberries: high in anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties
- Basil: anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory
How Much Detox Water Should You Drink A Day
There is not really a magic number when it comes to how much water to drink per day. For the average person it is generally recommended to drink 6-8, 8 oz glasses of water per day.
People who are more active might benefit from drinking 8-12 glasses a day.
To make this detox water, place ice and fruit in a large pitcher. Fill with water and stir in some torn or chopped basil. For a little added benefit, I add a drop or two of lemon or lime essential oil.
Pour a big glass, sit back and relax and enjoy.
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
Rainbow Detox Water
- 1/2 gallon water
- 2 cups ice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, torn
- Place ice and fruit in large pitcher.
- Pour water over ice and fruit. Stir in basil. Serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.