Rainbow Detox Water is full of beautiful fruit and basil. Refreshing and delicious, this infused water is full of nutrients and will keep you hydrated.
Rainbow detox water is a beautiful way to drink your water. I mentioned a few weeks ago I have been trying to drink more water, especially during these HOT summer months. So far I have been staying on track and getting my H2O everyday.
Infusing water with fruit really makes it easy to drink. I have been trying different combinations like this watermelon cucumber and mint water. There are so many wonderful combinations. I love this rainbow detox water because of the color and flavor. Just seeing all of those bright fruit colors in my glass makes me happy. 🙂
Water is the best way to cleanse the body and important for our health. This water puts a fun spin on “plain” water. Not only does it taste AMAZING, it is full of nutrients.
Detox Water Benefits
- Lime: full of vitamin C and anti-oxidants.
- Lemon: high in vitamin C and anti-oxidants.
- Strawberries: strawberries are also a great source of vitamin C and anti-oxidants
- Blueberries: high in potassium, vitamin C and B6
- Oranges: Large amount of vitamin C
- Raspberries: high in anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties
- Basil: anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory
How Much Detox Water Should You Drink A Day
There is not really a magic number when it comes to how much water to drink per day. For the average person it is generally recommended to drink 6-8, 8 oz glasses of water per day.
People who are more active might benefit from drinking 8-12 glasses a day.
To make this detox water, place ice and fruit in a large pitcher. Fill with water and stir in some torn or chopped basil. For a little added benefit, I add a drop or two of lemon or lime essential oil.
Pour a big glass, sit back and relax and enjoy.
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
Rainbow Detox Water
- 1/2 gallon water
- 2 cups ice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, torn
- Place ice and fruit in large pitcher.
- Pour water over ice and fruit. Stir in basil. Serve.