Sheet Pan Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches
Sep 01, 2017, Updated Apr 09, 2019
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sheet Pan Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches make a quick and easy dinner under 30 minutes. Cook everything on one pan for simple clean-up.
Sheet pan sausage and pepper sandwiches make a quick and delicious week night meal. This meal came from a refrigerator clean out day. Typically once a week I try to use up things we have left over in the fridge before I head to the grocery store again.
We seem to always have a pack of turkey kielbasa on hand and we had peppers that needed to be used before they went bad. I decided to throw them all on a sheet pan and then my husband had the brilliant idea to make a sausage and pepper sandwich.
Making these sandwiches couldn’t be easier. I heart easy and fast recipes!! For the turkey kielbasa, I cut it into small rounds. My kids like the bite size sausage because it is a little easier for them to eat. Next, I slice up some onions and bell peppers. I chose red and yellow but go for whatever color you enjoy. Toss the veggies with a little olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and place everything on one sheet pan. That’s right, one pan!! Place in the oven to bake for about 20 minutes.
Brush a little olive oil on the inside of sub rolls and then just put them right on the same pan to toast up for an additional 5-10 minutes. Fill the rolls with the sausage and peppers and then your meal is complete. If you really want to get crazy, I enjoy a little spicy mustard and even some provolone cheese melted on top.
Want more 30 minute meals?
Sheet Pan Sausage and Pepper Sandwichs
- 1 13 oz turkey polska kielbasa
- 1 large onion, cut in half and then sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 sub rolls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sliced kielbasa, onions and peppers on baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over peppers and onions. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and toss veggies to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Brush the inside of sub rolls with remaining olive oil. After 20 minutes. Place rolls on pan and bake for 5-10 minutes or until rolls are toasted.
- Fill rolls with sausage and peppers.
- Optional serve with mustard and or melted provolone cheese.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.