Sheet Pan Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches make a quick and easy dinner under 30 minutes. Cook everything on one pan for simple clean-up.
Sheet pan sausage and pepper sandwiches make a quick and delicious week night meal. This meal came from a refrigerator clean out day. Typically once a week I try to use up things we have left over in the fridge before I head to the grocery store again.
We seem to always have a pack of turkey kielbasa on hand and we had peppers that needed to be used before they went bad. I decided to throw them all on a sheet pan and then my husband had the brilliant idea to make a sausage and pepper sandwich.
Making these sandwiches couldn’t be easier. I heart easy and fast recipes!! For the turkey kielbasa, I cut it into small rounds. My kids like the bite size sausage because it is a little easier for them to eat. Next, I slice up some onions and bell peppers. I chose red and yellow but go for whatever color you enjoy. Toss the veggies with a little olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and place everything on one sheet pan. That’s right, one pan!! Place in the oven to bake for about 20 minutes.
Brush a little olive oil on the inside of sub rolls and then just put them right on the same pan to toast up for an additional 5-10 minutes. Fill the rolls with the sausage and peppers and then your meal is complete. If you really want to get crazy, I enjoy a little spicy mustard and even some provolone cheese melted on top.
Want more 30 minute meals?
Sheet Pan Sausage and Pepper Sandwichs
- 1 13 oz turkey polska kielbasa
- 1 large onion, cut in half and then sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 sub rolls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sliced kielbasa, onions and peppers on baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over peppers and onions. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and toss veggies to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Brush the inside of sub rolls with remaining olive oil. After 20 minutes. Place rolls on pan and bake for 5-10 minutes or until rolls are toasted.
- Fill rolls with sausage and peppers.
- Optional serve with mustard and or melted provolone cheese.