Homemade Chicken Broccoli and Cheese Pockets are great for an easy dinner. Double the recipe for left overs or to freeze for later.
Homemade Chicken Broccoli and Cheese Pockets are a delicious meal all wrapped up in a nice little pocket. With just a few ingredients, you are on your way to what is sure to be a family favorite.
How to Make Hot Pockets
To make these pockets, start with cooked chopped chicken, broccoli florets and cheese. I like to use rotisserie chicken to make it quick and I buy the broccoli you can steam in the microwave. Mix these ingredients along with sour cream, salt and pepper in a bowl until combined.
Roll out the pizza dough and cut into four rectangles. Place 1/4 of the mixture in the center of each rectangle. Fold the short sides of the dough over on top of the mixture and then fold over the longer sides making a pocket.
Place on a prepared baking sheet, seam sides down and brush the tops with an egg wash. Bake until golden brown. Yum! I like to make a double recipe of these homemade hot pockets so that I have some to freeze. Once they have baked and completely cooled, wrap them tight in plastic wrap. Place them in a freezer bag to store in freezer.
More ideas to stuff the pockets:
- Pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, onions and peppers
- Chopped ham, Swiss and mustard
- Ham, egg and cheese
Hungry for more easy dinners?
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches
- Easy Stromboli Recipe
- Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
- Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
Homemade Chicken Broccoli and Cheese Pockets
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken I use rotisserie
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Steam or microwave broccoli until softened.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, broccoli, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean surface and roll out pizza dough. Cut dough into 4 rectangles. Put 1/4 of the chicken mixture on the center of each rectangle. Fold shorter sides of rectangle in on mixture. Next fold long side over forming a pocket.
- Place each pocket seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the top of each pocket with beaten egg and bake for 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Leave a Reply