Roast beef tortilla roll ups are a great make-ahead appetizer or lunch. Fast to make and filled with delicious flavors like roast beef, horseradish, cream cheese, cheese and green onion.
Football season is upon us. My husband, Jay, informed me yesterday that college football is on all day Saturday soooooo don’t schedule ANYTHING. College football is taken very seriously around these parts being in UGA territory but of course we are always rooting for the VA TECH HOKIES, gobble gobble!!
My main reason for loving football season is of course the food. Obvi, right?! Dips, like this Beer Sausage Cheese Dip and snacks, like these Cheesy Meatball Bombs and all of those other delicious finger foods makes the season all worthwhile.
One of my favorite snacks to make are these roast beef tortilla roll ups. The great thing about tortilla roll ups is that you can make them before the game even starts and slice them up when you are ready to serve. These are filled with roast beef, horseradish, cheese and cream cheese, basically the perfect football snack.
How To Make Roast Beef Tortilla Roll Ups
In a bowl, mix up:
- cream cheese,
- shredded cheese
- green onion
- sour cream
I like to use 1/3 fat cream cheese to cut down on a few calories. If you use fat free just know that it does not soften very well making the mixture harder to spread on the tortilla. Once the ingredients are combined, take the mixture and spread on burrito size tortillas.
Next top with shaved or thinly sliced deli roast beef and roll up the tortilla as tight as possible to hold everything together. Wrap up the roll in cling wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. This helps the roll up stay together when you cut. Speaking of slicing the roll up, I would recommend using a serrated knife so that you get a clean cut.
I hope you enjoy these roast beef tortilla roll ups as much as we do. Tell me who you root for during football season. 🙂 What is your favorite football food? Go Hokies!!
More Game Day Food
Roast Beef Tortilla Roll Up
- 1 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 cup colby jack shredded cheese
- 1/2 pound shaved or thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 3 burrito size flour tortillas
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, green onion, horseradish, mustard and cheese.
- Spread 1/3 of cream cheese mixture on one tortilla.
- Place 1/3 of roast beef on top of cream cheese layer.
- Roll tortilla very tight into a log and then wrap in cling wrap.
- Repeat process with other two tortillas.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least one hour before slicing.
- Slice into 1 inch pieces with serrated knife.