Sausage Jalapeno Popper Dip is an easy and delicious dip that can be made in the slow cooker. Filled with spicy sausage, jalapenos and of course cheese!
Sausage jalapeno popper dip is one of my most requested appetizers on game day. I can’t believe that football season is about to be over! The big game is right around the corner and I will definitely be making this dip for the last game of the season.
This dip can be made ahead of time in the slow cooker. Dump all the ingredients in a few hours before the game and it will be ready to go. Slow cooker dips are perfect for parties because they stay warm throughout the game without you having to babysit.
This dip is filling! You could almost eat it as a complete meal and trust me, I have before. I like serving it with cubed Italian bread, cut vegetables, crackers or tortilla chips. Or if you are like me you can just grab a spoon and go for it!
Tips for making Sausage Jalapeno Popper Dip:
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes before adding into the slow cooker. This helps it melt fast and evenly.
- Don’t want it too spicy? Use regular breakfast sausage instead of spicy.
- To avoid burning the cheese I recommend stirring occasionally while it is cooking.
Want more party food?
- Hot Sausage Beer Cheese Dip
- Easy Chicken Empanadas
- Roast Beef Roll-Ups
- Fried Tortellini
- 15 Game Day Snacks
- Cheesy Bacon Spinach Artichoke Dip
Sausage Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 1 lb spicy breakfast sausage
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 8oz cream cheese
- 1 4oz can diced green chilis
- 1 4oz can diced jalapenos
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- In a large pan, brown and crumble sausage. Make sure to cook through. Drain excess grease.
- Pour cooked sausage into slow cooker. Add sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, Mexican blend cheese, green chilis, jalapenos and garlic powder.
- Cook on low in the slow cooker for 2-3 hours. Serve with cubed Italian bread or cut up vegetables.
Leave a Reply