Pancake Mix Muffins
Sep 15, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pancake mix muffins are easy to make and are great for a quick on-the-go breakfast or snack. Made with pancake mix and a few simple ingredients, these muffins can be made in less than 30 minutes.
These pancake muffins are great for a quick breakfast or snack. Now that school has started I don’t have time to make pancakes every morning so these muffins are perfect for them to grab and go.
Ingredient needed for pancake muffins
Pancake mix – You can use your favorite pancake mix but you will still add eggs and milk even if the mix box says just water.
Milk – Use your preferred milk. I used 2% milk for this recipe.
Eggs – 2 eggs
Sugar – Granulated sugar. If you prefer less sugar, feel free to reduce to 1/4 cup.
Vanilla – Adds a touch of sweetness to the muffins.
Mini chocolate chips – These are optional but I love the sweetness they add. You could replace with blueberries, chopped apples. sprinkles or even bacon bits.
How to make pancake mix muffins
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Prepare: Gather ingredients and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix: Stir together pancake mix, eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla until combined. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Bake: Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove and let cool on wire rack before serving.
How to store
Store: These muffins can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for about 2 days. Eat at room temperature or microwave for 15 seconds if you prefer them warm.
Freeze: Once cooked, let completely cool. Place the muffins on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer for an hour. When they are frozen, place in a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator and microwave to reheat.
Recipe tips and variations
- Feel free to try other add-ins like blueberries, diced apple, sprinkles, chopped nuts, chopped bacon, cooked sausage and more.
- These can be made into mini muffins, just cook for less time, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Try dipping in syrup like chocolate chip pancakes.
More easy breakfast recipes
- Banana bread muffins – Tastes just like banana bread in muffin form.
- Banana oatmeal pancakes – A great way to use ripe bananas for these delicious pancakes.
- Cinnamon toast – A childhood favorite, this is the best method for making the perfect cinnamon toast.
- Yogurt Parfait – Delicious mix of yogurt, granola and fruit.
***If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and rating below.
Pancake Mix Muffins
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with paper cups or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together pancake mix, eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla extract until combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups 3/4 way full with batter. Top with extra mini chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.