Instant Pot BBQ Chicken is super easy to make with only a few ingredients. Can be used for a variety of meals.
Instant pot BBQ chicken is a great meal that requires little effort. This shredded chicken can be served in a variety of different ways to make dinners the whole family will enjoy.
How to make Instant Pot BBQ Chicken:
- Start by mixing the sauce ingredients in the Instant Pot. Press the Saute button and add the sauce ingredients. Whisk until the butter has melted.
- Add in about 2 pounds of boneless chicken breasts. You can also use thighs if you prefer.
- Place the lid on the IP and press the Poultry button. It will take a few minutes to come to pressure.
- Once the chicken has cooked, let the IP do a natural release of pressure. (This takes about 10 minutes). Once the pin has dropped, you can open the lid.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Return the chicken to the pot and cover in sauce.
How to serve Instant Pot BBQ Chicken:
- I love serving this with yellow rice and a side of steamed broccoli. The juice of the chicken goes well with the rice.
- You can serve the chicken on hamburger or slider buns. It makes a delicious sandwich.
- Use the chicken for tacos or nachos.
- Serve the chicken and sauce on top of mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower.
Can this be made in the slow cooker? Yes! Add the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook 4-6 hours depending on how quickly you want to eat them. Shred the chicken and return back to the slow cooker.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- Turn Instant Pot on Saute mode and add butter, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, chili powder, paprika and dry mustard. Whisk until butter has melted.
- Add chicken to Instant Pot and cover with lid. Select Poultry mode.
- When cooking time is done, let the Instant Pot do a natural release of pressure.
- Remove chicken and shred with fork. Add chicken back into pot with the sauce and stir to cover chicken with sauce.
- Serve with rice, on a bun, a taco shell or mashed potatoes.