Detox Chicken Soup
Jan 04, 2018, Updated Mar 27, 2019
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Detox chicken soup is filled with chicken, white beans and vitamin packed veggies. A delicious and healthy way to start of the new year.
Detox chicken soup is a meal I turn to when I need a reset. Sometimes I can go a little overboard with my sugar and carb intake, especially around the holidays. When that happens, I will make a big pot of this soup and eat it for 3-4 days.
This chicken soup is full of vegetables, turmeric and fresh ginger. To give it a protein punch, I added shredded chicken and white beans. If you are not a bean fan like my mom, just add extra chicken.
The addition of turmeric will give this soup a yellowish color but don’t be scared, it is delicious! Studies have shown that turmeric has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Tips for making Detox Chicken Soup:
- I recommend using chicken stock for this soup. The stock has a meatier and rich flavor that goes nicely with the vegetables. If you only have broth on hand that is fine to use.
- You can make this a meatless meal by omitting chicken, add an extra can of beans and using vegetable broth.
- Precut vegetables and a rotisserie chicken make this “SOUPER” (see what I did there?) easy to put together.
Want more healthy options?:
- Watermelon Detox Water
- Turkey Quinoa Spinach Meatballs
- Rainbow Detox Water
- Chicken Taco Spaghetti Squash
Detox Chicken Soup
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped small
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 15.8 oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded and chopped chicken I used rotissere
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- Over medium high heat, warm olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven.
- Add onions, celery, carrots to the pot and saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in turmeric, salt, pepper, chicken stock, beans. Bring to a boil and add chicken. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli and simmer another 5 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.