This creamy eggnog cocktail is the perfect drink to serve at your next holiday gathering. Easy to make, this cocktail recipe can be made in less than 5 minutes.
You know it’s officially the holiday season when you can find eggnog on the grocery store shelves. A cold, tall glass can really put you in the holiday spirit.
There are many different recipes for eggnog, some non-alcoholic and some with a boozy twist. The thick, creamy drink pairs well with a variety of different liquors but for this cocktail we are using Baileys Irish Cream and Vanilla Vodka.
Ingredients needed for this cocktail
This boozy eggnog drink is made with just a few simple ingredients, including store bought eggnog.
Eggnog – Make your own with this traditional eggnog recipe or use your favorite store bought.
Baileys Irish cream – This is a popular cream liqueur that’s flavored with Irish whiskey, cocoa, and cream.
Vanilla vodka – This adds an extra layer of vanilla flavor. You can substitute with plain or caramel vodka.
Ground Cinnamon and Nutmeg – Used to add a warm spice and garnish the cocktail. You could also use a cinnamon stick.
How to make an eggnog cocktail
Step one: To make this spiked eggnog drink, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in vodka, Baileys, and eggnog.
Step two: Close the shaker and shake for 5-10 seconds.
Step three: Pour through a strainer into a cocktail glass. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon and serve cold.
- Make sure the eggnog is chilled. For an extra cool drink you can also prechill the vodka and Baileys.
- Serve in a short cocktail glass or even a martini glass. It can be served over ice or straight up.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, fill a larger glass with ice, add ingredients and give it a good stir.
- Want even more creaminess? Try topping with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Store any leftovers in a sealed, airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I serve this eggnog drink in a pitcher or punch bowl?
You can easily make a big batch of this for a party and serve it in a pitcher or punch bowl. Multiply the ingredients by the amount of guests you are serving.
It even can be made about 1 day ahead of time, just give it a shake or a stir before serving.
What alcohol goes with eggnog?
If you don’t love vodka you can replace it with a different kind of alcohol like whiskey, dark rum, amaretto, or bourbon which all mix well with eggnog.
More easy holiday cocktails
- Creamy Colorado bulldog cocktail
- Blushing mimosa
- Midori sour
- Apple pie shot
- Cranberry Moscow mule
- 16 Cheap Drinks
- 3 ounces eggnog
- 2 ounces Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka or dark rum, whiskey, or bourbon
- cinnamon a sprinkle for garnish
- nutmeg a sprinkle for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in eggnog, Baileys, and vodka.
- Shake for 5-10 seconds and then pour through strainer into a glass. (You can serve over ice or without ice.)
- Top the drink with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg.