The Best Eggnog Cocktail
Dec 03, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This creamy eggnog cocktail is the perfect drink to serve at your next holiday gathering. Easy to make, this cocktail recipe can be made in less than 5 minutes.
You know it’s officially the holiday season when you can find eggnog on the grocery store shelves. A cold, tall glass can really put you in the holiday spirit.
There are many different recipes for eggnog, some non-alcoholic and some with a boozy twist. The thick, creamy drink pairs well with a variety of different liquors but for this cocktail we are using Baileys Irish Cream and Vanilla Vodka.
Ingredients needed for this cocktail
This boozy eggnog drink is made with just a few simple ingredients, including store bought eggnog.
Eggnog – Make your own with this traditional eggnog recipe or use your favorite store bought.
Baileys Irish cream – This is a popular cream liqueur that’s flavored with Irish whiskey, cocoa, and cream.
Vanilla vodka – This adds an extra layer of vanilla flavor. You can substitute with plain or caramel vodka.
Ground Cinnamon and Nutmeg – Used to add a warm spice and garnish the cocktail. You could also use a cinnamon stick.
How to make an eggnog cocktail
Step one: To make this spiked eggnog drink, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in vodka, Baileys, and eggnog.
Step two: Close the shaker and shake for 5-10 seconds.
Step three: Pour through a strainer into a cocktail glass. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon and serve cold.
- Make sure the eggnog is chilled. For an extra cool drink you can also prechill the vodka and Baileys.
- Serve in a short cocktail glass or even a martini glass. It can be served over ice or straight up.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, fill a larger glass with ice, add ingredients and give it a good stir.
- Want even more creaminess? Try topping with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Store any leftovers in a sealed, airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I serve this eggnog drink in a pitcher or punch bowl?
You can easily make a big batch of this for a party and serve it in a pitcher or punch bowl. Multiply the ingredients by the amount of guests you are serving.
It even can be made about 1 day ahead of time, just give it a shake or a stir before serving.
What alcohol goes with eggnog?
If you don’t love vodka you can replace it with a different kind of alcohol like whiskey, dark rum, amaretto, or bourbon which all mix well with eggnog.
More easy holiday cocktails
- Creamy Colorado bulldog cocktail
- Blushing mimosa
- Midori sour
- Apple pie shot
- Cranberry Moscow mule
- 16 Cheap Drinks
- 3 ounces eggnog
- 2 ounces Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka or dark rum, whiskey, or bourbon
- cinnamon a sprinkle for garnish
- nutmeg a sprinkle for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in eggnog, Baileys, and vodka.
- Shake for 5-10 seconds and then pour through strainer into a glass. (You can serve over ice or without ice.)
- Top the drink with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.