Dill Sauce For Salmon
May 04, 2023, Updated May 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This dill sauce for salmon recipe will elevate your seafood dinner. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this creamy sauce is a delicious addition to a variety of meals.
Elevate your simple salmon recipe with this creamy dill sauce recipe. Dill and salmon go together like peanut butter and jelly. The fresh dill is a great compliment to the flavor of rich salmon or your favorite fish.
Why you should make this recipe
- Easy – Just 5 ingredients needed to make this creamy sauce.
- Fast – This recipe can be made in about 5 minutes from start to finish.
- Flavorful – Packed with flavor, this sauce can be used for a variety of dishes.
Ingredients needed for sour cream dill sauce
- Sour cream – Use regular or light sour cream. You can also substitute with plain Greek yogurt.
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise adds another layer of creaminess and flavor.
- Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice will add a bright, tangy to the dip.
- Garlic salt – Adds a hint of seasoning and garlic flavor.
- Fresh dill – Dill adds so much flavor to this sauce. Make sure to finely chop the dill.
How to make creamy dill sauce for salmon
Step one: Place sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, fresh dill, and garlic salt in a small bowl.
Step two: Mix the ingredients together to combine.
Step three: Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
How to serve lemon dill sauce
While this sauce is perfect for different salmon recipes, it’s also wonderful on a wide variety of dishes.
Salmon – Salmon patties, baked salmon, grilled salmon
Fish – Grilled fish, fried fish, baked fish
Vegetables – Roasted vegetables, asparagus, dressing for a salad
Spread – This also makes a delicious spread on a sandwich like this bagel sandwich.
How to store
Store: Store any extra sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last for 4-5 days.
Freeze: This sauce does not freeze well. It’s best just to make it fresh.
Can I substitute with dried dill?
Fresh dill adds a fresh, bright flavor to this recipe but you can substitute with 2 teaspoons of dried dill if don’t have fresh. You can also add a pinch of dried dill with the fresh dill for the ultimate dill flavor.
Let me know if you try this sauce recipe.
More sauce recipes
- Duck sauce – Simple duck sauce recipe.
- Homemade cocktail sauce – Easy recipe for the best cocktail sauce.
- Tartar sauce – Creamy cocktail sauce perfect for seafood.
- Buffalo ranch – Spicy ranch dressing or dip.
- Avocado lime ranch – Use as a dressing, dip, or sauce.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Place sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, and garlic salt in a bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve or cover and chill in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.