This cream cheese salsa dip could not be easier! Only 2 main ingredients needed to make this creamy, flavorful dip.
Cream cheese dips like olive dip, fruit dip, and crack dip are always a big hit with friends and family. They usually start with a cream cheese base that is mixed with other ingredients.
This cream cheese salsa dip recipe is probably the easiest appetizer you can make. Two ingredients, mixed together and serve. You can also make it the day before serving to really let the flavors come together.
What you need
Cream cheese: Make sure that it’s softened before mixing. This helps get a nice, creamy dip.
Salsa: Use your favorite salsa like Pace Picante or Chunky. I do recommend not using salsa with a lot of liquid. This will make the dip a little runny. You can also use mild, medium or hot depending on how spicy you like your dip. *** Tip: If you would like the dip to be a thicker consistency, reduce the salsa to one cup.
Green onion: This is an optional ingredient. Stir chopped green onion into the dip after it’s mixed or use as a garnish on top.
How to make cream cheese salsa
It’s probably a stretch to even call this a recipe. To make this salsa dip all you need to do is mix the cream cheese and salsa together. You can serve it right away or cover and put in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
I find it’s easier to use an electric mixer to combine the ingredients. If you don’t have one, make sure the cream cheese is nice and soft and stir together with a spoon or spatula.
How to serve
We like serving this dip with tortilla chips, crackers or cut up vegetables like cucumbers, carrots, and celery. This could also be used to pour over nachos, tacos, or even used as dressing for a taco salad.
This recipe is great on it’s own but you can change it up by adding 1/2 cup of any of these ingredients after the cream cheese and salsa have been mixed. Here are a few suggestions:
- Shredded cheese
- Sliced black olives
- Diced green chilis or jalapenos
- Chopped cilantro
How to store
Store this covered, in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
More easy dip recipes
- Chipped Beef Dip – Creamy dip with chopped chipped beef, green onions and cheese.
- Knorr Spinach Dip – Classic dip that can be served cold or warm.
- Cranberry Jalapeno Dip – Great for the holidays. Filled with chopped cranberries, jalapenos and whipped cream cheese.
- Caramel Apple Dip – Super simple dessert dip.
- Cucumber Avocado Dip – Cool, creamy with chopped avocado and cumber.
- Wingstop Ranch – This ranch recipe can be used as a dip or dressing.
If you need a quick snack or appetizer, don’t forget about this delicious cream cheese dip. Our whole family loves it and I love that it’s so easy to make.
Let me know in the comments how you like this recipe. I love to hear from you!
Cream Cheese Salsa Dip
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, optional
- Place cream cheese and salsa in a large bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Optional – Stir in green onions.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Leave a Reply